Who doesn't love cheesecakes?!!! Me and my sister in law prepared this delicious cheesecake for a friends birthday. We saw a few videos online on how to make perfect cheesecake, and finally got settled with this recipe with few alterations from the original one.
Preparation time: 6 hours
You need 9 inch springform pan for this recipe.
For the Crust:
Graham cracker powder: 1 cup
Unsalted butter: 1/3 cup
Sugar: 1 tbsp
For the Cream cheese filling:
Philadelphia Cream cheese: 5 (8oz each)
Eggs: 5 large
Sugar: 1 cup
Vanilla extract: 2 tsp
Lemon juice: 2 tbsp
All purpose flour: 2 tbsp
For the Sour Cream topping:
Sour cream: 1 cup(8oz)
Sugar: 1/3 cup
Vanilla extract: 2 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
And few strawberries or cherry or blueberries for decoration.
Cream cheese, eggs and sour cream should be in room temperature.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Wrap the bottom of springform pan with aluminum foil, just to make sure any liquid doesn't spill.
- Combine all the under the crust ( graham cracker, sugar and butter) ; press on to a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins and remove it out to cool.
- Beat 5 cream-cheese, add 1 cup sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. See dat no lumps are formed.
* this might be a little difficult if you don't have a electric mixer.
- Add eggs , one at a time while mixing on a low speed. You will get a smooth mixture once all the eggs are added.
- Then add 2 tbsp all purpose flour. Mix again.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the baked and cooled crust. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- When the cheesecake is in the oven , lets prepare sour cream topping.
- For this, combine sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Whip the mixture till it becomes a little thick.
- Remove cheese cake from the oven after 1 hour, center will be a little jiggly. Allow it to cool for 10 mins, then add the topping over the cheese cake, spread it evenly and then bake in the oven for 10 more mins at 325F.
- After 10 mins, switch off the oven , open the door a little bit and let the cake stay in there for 30 mins or so, and then take it out and allow it to cool.
- Once its cool, refrigerate it for at least 4-5 hours. Overnight is better.
- Usually when you remove it from the refrigerator, the sides of the cake might have loosened. If its not, then dip knife in hot water and wipe it and the run knife around the rim of pan to loosen the cake.
- Slowly remove the rim. Decorate with strawberry, cherries and blueberries.
Just want to show you guys how the cake looked when sliced. I added whipped cream topping and caramel syrup here.