These blissful White Chocolate Rice Cereal Treats elevate a classic family recipe by adding elegant white chocolate and a generous amount of spring-inspired sprinkles. Their sweet, crunchy texture will delight friends and family at your next springtime celebration.
My friends and I are all huge fans of Rice Cereal Treats. We make them all the time, experimenting with different mix-ins and flavors. What is it about this dessert that is so alluring? It has to be the marshmallows, since we could literally eat the entire bag of marshmallows in one sitting. I digress though. Warning, you may become slightly addicted to these treats and eat the entire pan! Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Part of the allure of White Chocolate Rice Cereal Treats is they are incredibly easy to make. Dangerously easy, if you ask me. They are so easy, your kids can have a hand in the process. There are no hot stoves or mixers, and not much waiting either, which is my favorite part. Of course, making plain rice cereal treats is probably your usual go-to, but I promise adding white chocolate and sprinkles will make these the perfect spring treat!
White Chocolate Rice Cereal Treats for Springtime!
Aren’t they beautiful? They taste as fantastic as they look. You get the crunch of the cereal mixed with fresh, ooey-gooey, stretchy marshmallows, and the taste of decadent white chocolate all in one bite! Of course, the sprinkles are the finishing touch to make these a spring favorite. Pulling them apart to see the marshmallow stringy goodness is really the best part of these White Chocolate Rice Cereal Treats. Can you tell I’m obsessed? They are delicious, fun to make, and hard to resist!
You need take a quick trip to the grocery store to get the ingredients for these White Chocolate Rice Cereal Treats and make them today. Be sure to buy other fun mix-ins like Easter candy, chocolate chips, or anything else your heart desires. I hope you make them soon and you enjoy them with your family and friends. You can’t go wrong with this adaptable and deliciously easy spring-inspired dessert.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup colored sprinkles
- 3 cups rice cereal
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cooking spray for spatula
- More sprinkles for decorating
- Spray a 8"x8" pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. (You can also microwave the butter and marshmallows for 1 minute on HIGH, if you prefer.)
- Remove from heat. Immediately mix in the rice cereal and sprinkles. Stir until well combined.
- Spray a spatula with cooking spray and transfer the mixture into the pan, pressing down evenly.
- In a small bowl, add white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir then pour on top of treats to make an even layer. Add sprinkles on top.
- Let it harden for about 20 minutes then cut and serve.
Home Chef Tip: Spray the spatula and knife with cooking spray. It will make transferring and cutting these treats way easier.
We hope you love these White Chocolate Rice Cereal Treats from SoFabFood Contributor, Jamie from A Sassy Spoon, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic dessert recipes there too. Enjoy!