RAMADAN RECIPES / IFTAR SNACKS 2019
Chicken chili is a very popular chinese chicken side dish which pairs best with egg fried rice or chicken fried rice. My all time favorite combination. So how about a snack with chicken chilli stuffing?. Sounds great. Right?. Yes, i do love unique recipes especially snacks Recipes and desserts recipes. Here am with a variety and unique snack recipe which is very similar to malabar attipathil or attipathiri. The stuffing of this snack can be sweet or savory but I always prefer savory filling for such snacks. This is called Triangle pathiri (Thrikona pathiri in malayalam).
For chicken chilli
Boneless chicken - 1 cup, cut into strips
Soy sauce - 2 tsp
Garlic powder - 1 tsp
Cornflour - 1 tsp
Carrot - few, thinly sliced
Capsicum - few , thinly sliced
Tomato sauce - quarter a cup
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Sugar - quarter tsp
Salt a pinch
Chili powder - half tsp
Oil for frying chicken
For the batter
All purpose flour / maida - 1.5 cups
Egg - 1
Water - 2 and a quarter cup
Cardamom - 1
Here is the video showing how to make Chicken chilli Trikona pathiri
- Marinate the chicken strips with all ingredients given under for marination. Set aside ready.
- Blend together all the ingredients given under for preparing batter until smooth. Transfer it to a bowl. Set aside .
- Heat a pan. Shallow fry the chicken until golden. Add the veggies like carrot sliced and capsicum sliced. Saute well over a high flame. Transfer this to a plate.
- Combine together tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar, chilli powder, salt and add this to the same pan. Saute this for a while and then add little water. Cook for a minute. Add the sauteed chicken and veggies to this sauce. Combine well over a high flame. Check for salt and add pepper powder. So our chicken chilli for stuffing the snack is ready.
- Now heat a pan. Grease with oil . Pour a ladle full of batter and make a thin dosa. Place 2 tbsp of stuffing in the middle. Fold it from 3 angles to form a triangle. Flip it once the other side is cooked well. Transfer it to a plate.
- Now again prepare another dosa the same way. Place the filling. Now keep the prepared dosa over this filling and again fold from 3 angles. You can repeat the same process as many as you wish.
- Cook both sides until slightly golden. Transfer it to a plate. So our snack triangle pathiri or chicken chilli trikona pathiri is ready.
- For more details kindly watch the related video - Triangle pathiri
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here