PERFECT PLUM CAKE RECIPE
Are you looking for a rich, healthy and tasty plum cake recipe?. Then you are at the right place. A perfect plum cake recipe to enjoy Christmas with the goodness of variety of dry fruits. Plum cakes are prepared by soaking dry fruits and nuts in rum or wine. But I soaked the dry fruits in orange juice only . Some prefer soaking the dryfruits in hot black tea instead of orange juice. You can add your favorite dry fruits and nuts like dates, prunes, figs, walnuts,etc. I added cherries, dried cranberry, tutti-frutti, raisins black and yellow. Moreover this plum cake is an Eggless cake recipe that too without using oven. As Christmas is around the corner,many of my viewers requested for an easy cake recipe. This simple plum cake using wheat flour is perfect for Christmas. For all those plum cake lovers, this is a must try moist cake recipe. Instead of All purpose flour , wheat flour is added which makes this cake a healthy cake for sure. Here is the recipe for easy wheat plum cake without oven or eggless wheat plum cake recipe.
Dry fruits - half a cup ( I took raisins, cranberry, dried cherries), chopped
Tutti frutti - 2 tsp
Orange juice - half a cup
For the cake
Wheat flour - 1.5 cups
Brown sugar - 1 cup or less than one cup
Baking powder - 1.5 tsp
Baking soda - half tsp
Caramel water - half a cup
Vegetable oil - half a cup
Butter milk - half a cup
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Chopped cashews - few
Spice powders - quarter tsp each( I took ginger powder, nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder)
Here is the video showing how to make Egg less wheat plum cake
- Soak the dry fruits and tuttifrutti in orange juice for 6 hours ( preferably overnight).
- You can prepare the caramel water ahead. Caramelize 6 tbsp of sugar until golden. Add half a cup of water to it and mix until well combined. Set aside to cool.
- Grease the baking tray with veg oil and line with Butter paper. I took 7 inch square baking tray.
- In a large bowl mix caramel water, veg oil, butter milk and vinegar very well.
- To this add wheat flour, powdered brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda through a siever.
- Combine the flour mixture with the wet ingredients in batches.
- Sprinkle some flour(1 tsp) over the soaked fruits before adding to the Cake batter.
- Add vanilla essence, half of the chopped cashews, soaked dry fruits to the batter. Fold well.
- Finally add the spice powders and again fold.
- Pour the prepared batter into the baking pan and top it with remaining nuts.
- Preheat a nonstick pan on stovetop. Place the tin inside this nonstick pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Once cooled, slice it and enjoy the healthy and tasty Plum Cake.
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here