Yummy pudding recipes
So again am back with a yummy treat. A wonderful pudding recipe with a smooth creamy texture. The dates and nuts crumble give this pudding some crunchiness. Like so is a must try dessert recipe or pudding recipe for all those sweet lovers. I am really obsessed with dessert recipes. To be honest, with pudding recipes. This butterscotch dates pudding is a sweet combination of sweet, creamy and nutty flavor. And moreover, this is a party pudding too. A very simple and easy pudding recipe with common ingredients in our pantry shelf. Here I prepared this Butterscotch sauce ahead of time to drizzle over this pudding. This Homemade Butterscotch sauce is very simple to make with just 3 ingredients that too without cream. I have used milk for whipping up this sauce instead of making with fresh cream. You can store this sauce in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for months. So let's move on to the recipe showing how to make Dates butterscotch pudding/ simple party pudding/ yummy pudding recipe/ dates pudding/ butterscotch pudding.
INGREDIENTS (1 cup = 250 ml)
Dates - 8 nos, seedless, finely chopped
Biscuit - 4 nos, crush gently with hand, can use any biscuit
Butter - 1 tsp, unsalted
Nuts - 2 tbsp, chopped, optional
Chinagrass - 4 gms, do not add more
Milk - 2 cups
Sweetened condensed milk - half a cup
Sugar - 3 tbsp, can skip this for less sweet
Butterscotch sauce - 3 tbsp, for decoration
Please watch this below video showing how to make this pudding
- Make the dates crumble first and set this aside. For that, heat a pan with 1 tsp of butter and make the flame to medium-low. Then add the finely chopped dates to it and saute for a while. Do not let them mushy. Then add the crumbled biscuits (crumble with hand only, few big crumbs are fine). Saute over a low flame until the biscuits are well coated with the dates. When done, transfer this dates crumble to a plate (you can add nuts now) and set this aside ready.
- Now let's make the china grass mixture. For that, melt the chinagrass in half a cup of water until it melts to a clear liquid. When done, set this aside until we prepare the milk mixture but u must stir it occasionally or else it will set once cooled.
- Now make the milk mixture. For that, heat a pan with a cup of milk. Once it starts to boil, add the sweetened condensed milk. Do not forget to stir the melted chinagrass. Mix the milk mixture well to combine. You can add sugar now (as this pudding is so sweet because of dates, biscuits and the butterscotch sauce you can skip adding sugar. But exceptional for sweet tooth guys). Mix and let it boil very well. Then add the melted chinagrass and stir very well for a minute. Then switch off the flame.
- Pour this milk mixture through a strainer into a bowl. Let it cool for 5 minutes (do not keep it for more), so that it will be easy for making layers. Now let us assemble the pudding.
- Here i took two mini silicon molds. Or you can assemble this pudding in a pudding tray.
- Pour some milk mixture into the silicon molds as the base for this pudding. Then layer the crumbled dates and nuts over it. Again pour the milk mixture to cover this crumble coat. Again layer some dates crumble.
- Let it keep refrigerated for 5 hours or over overnight to set.
- Once done, invert this pudding to a plate gently (de-mold it). Garnish with the Butterscotch sauce and serve chilled.
- Please watch the related video here - Click here.
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here