Cinnamon and brown sugar baked alongside apples to make this delicious Cinnamon Apple Bread. This is the kind of loaf you take to a friend who just had a baby, a pal who is having a bad day, or your neighbor who always wave when they see you outside. Make this, you will be sneaking a piece before it’s even had a chance to cool all the way (and that is okay with me).
I am going through what many people would call a “transition period”. This might just be a nice way for my friends to describe my current mental status – good but we still watch out just in case. It’s not that things are bad, I have a wonderful support system, great hair (thank you Ericka) and my sarcastic wit. I also have baking. To me there is no better way to get rid of stress and self-doubt then to throw yourself into a baking project. On the second try we have this sweet and crunchy Cinnamon Apple Bread.
Cinnamon Apple Bread - harmony of flavors packed into a loaf pan. Recipe on the blog. #dessert…
Click To Tweet
Fair warning – this is not a “skinny” recipe (but I doubt many of you come to my blog for that, so probably not a shocker). Cinnamon Apple Bread is exactly what you expect it to be – cinnamon, brown sugar and butter, or as I call them “the essentials”. But there are apples in the recipe, so that counts as healthier right? You be the judge of that, all I know is Granny Smith apples work perfect in this bread, the tartness really marries well with the cinnamon/brown sugar. And honestly in a marriage you need that kind of simplistic harmony. So get that butter softened, peel those apples and bake your heart away – transitions or not we need good food in our lives. And no one can disagree with that.
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tart apples (I use Granny Smith)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix cinnamon and brown sugar and set aside.
- In a stand mixer on medium speed beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and turn mixer to low to combine.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in a bowl and slowly add to mixer.
- Add mix and mix to combine.
- In loaf pan add half the bread batter, spread half the apples evenly over batter and sprinkle half cinnamon sugar on top.
- Add rest of batter, apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pan and serve.
- Leftovers can be kept wrapped tightly at room temp for three more days. Can freeze completely cooled loaf for two months.
The post Cinnamon Apple Bread appeared first on BakesInSlippers.
This post first appeared on BakesInSlippers - Baking, Photos, Blogging And Who Knows What Else, please read the originial post: here