Strawberry Grapefruit Granita is a great way to use your organic fruits. It is a healthier snow cone type dessert using fresh fruit. Serve it in crystal glasses for dessert at a formal dinner party or some paper cups to enjoy poolside in the heat of summer. Either way, it is a light and refreshing treat.
I combined some sweet organic strawberries and tart grapefruit, but you can use any organic fruit you wish.
You may vary the amount of sugar (or your preferred non-sugar sweetener) you use depending on the sweetness of the fruit. The grapefruit juice needed a bit more than orange juice would, for example.
Strawberry Grapefruit Granita Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2-3 fresh grapefruit
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar or your favorite non-sugar sweetener
- Mint, basil or lavender sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Clean and remove stems from strawberries.
- Puree in blender or food processor.
- Squeeze grapefruit to get about 1 cup of fresh grapefruit juice.
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water.
- Combine strawberry puree, grapefruit juice, and sugar water.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 pan and freeze until hard (3-4 hours).
- To serve, scrape with a fork, spoon into glasses and garnish if desired.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest boxes for these recipes.
The chef Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U.
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and overpriced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos
The post Strawberry Grapefruit Granita – A Light and Refreshing Treat appeared first on Harvest2U.