Pressure Cooker Salsa Domato. Salsa Domato means Greek tomato sauce. this delicious and easy to make tomato sauce cooked in pressure cooker.
Makes 4 cups
Makes 4 cups
- 1 28 oz (840 ml) can whole plum tomatoes in their juice,undrained
- 1 large white onion,peeled and chopped
- 2-4 large cloves garlic,peeled
- 1 medium green bell pepper,seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper,seeded and diced
- 8 oz (240 g) mushrooms,sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 8 oz (240 ml) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried Greek oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a pressure cooker,combine tomatoes in their juices, onion and garlic.
- Using immersion blender,puree tomato mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients,except salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Close pressure cooker and lock the lid.
- Set burner heat to high pressure.When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low.
- Set timer to cook for7 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat.
- Open pressure cooker,using Quick release mode.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Season sauce with salt and black pepper.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.Allow to cool completely.