How to Make
Gather the following ingredients: 1 ripe Avocado, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 garlic clove, 6 sprigs of cilantro, 2 key limes, and 1 tablespoon of habanero chile hot sauce or the hot sauce of your choice.
Finely chop the garlic clove.
Remove the cilantro leaves from the stem and chop.
Squeeze the juice from the limes into a mixing bowl. Remove the flesh from the avocados and add to the bowl. Then, add the remaining ingredients except for the salt.
Mash with a fork until you get the desired consistency. We like it a little chunky. You can also blend it in the blender if you prefer it creamy.
Spicy Avocado Dip Recipe
Yield 1.5 cups
Easy five-minute spicy avocado dip great served with corn chips, on crackers, toast or a topping for nachos. Habanero hot sauce adds the spicy kick. Try different varieties of hot sauce for different flavors.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 sprigs of cilantro
- 2 key limes
- 1 tablespoon of habanero chile hot sauce (or the hot sauce of your choice)
- A pinch of salt if needed
- Corn chips, crackers or toast for serving.
- Finely chop the garlic clove.
- Remove the cilantro leaves from the stem and chop.
- Squeeze the juice from the limes into a mixing bowl.
- Remove the flesh from the avocados and add to the bowl.
- Then, place all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl except the salt.
- Mash with a fork until you get the desired consistency. We like it a little chunky. You can also blend it in the blender if you prefer it creamy.
- Check the salt and add as needed.
- Serve in your favorite serving bowl for dipping. You can also use it as a topping for nachos.
- Use 2 tablespoons of hot sauce if you want it really spicy.
- You can serve the dip on toast as a tasty variation of avocado toast.
- It will last for 1 day in the refrigerator. The lime juice will keep it from going brown.
- It does not freeze well.
Serving Size 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 24 g
Sodium 187 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
More Avocado Recipes
- Authentic Guacamole
- Creamy Avocado Salsa
- Chicken Taquitos with Avocado Salsa