Easy cheesy garlic bread is the best bread you ever tasted. It has everything soft chewy bread on the inside with sharp garlic and cheese, cheese and more cheese!
Eat it as a side dish with a bowl of soup or as a starter. Take a bite in this crispy pull apart garlic bread that is warm and soft on the inside. You will make it every time ready to learn how to make homemade cheesy garlic bread? Let’s get started!
This is really the superlative of garlic bread. It is better than any garlic bread you have eaten in a restaurant.
Why? Because it is the perfect mix of a number of individual parts.
Garlic bread secrets
Let me tell you some simple garlic bread secrets:
- Fresh bread – garlic bread should be made using fresh bread. This may be obvious but I can’t count the number of times we got old stale bread in a restaurant they tried to revive in the oven
- Fresh butter – the same applies to the garlic butter. Get fresh butter and let it go soft outside of the fridge
- Crushed garlic – when using garlic do not mince it with a knife but crush the garlic with a pestle and mortar. This will release some oil but also takes away the sharpness of the garlic
- Cheese mix – use a mix of cheese like mozzarella and parmesan that works together perfectly. The Mozzarella will go soft and bubbly with the parmesan adds some salty taste
- Bake and broil – you not only bake the bread in the oven but you also put the bread under the broiler
Garlic bread ingredients
To make this cheesy garlic bread you need just a couple of ingredients:
- Crusty white bread
- Shredded hard mozzarella
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh parsley
How to make homemade garlic bread with cheese
Start this recipe with the garlic butter. Let the butter go soft and crush the garlic in a pestle and mortar. Then mince the fresh parsley.
Then add the garlic and finely chopped parsley to the butter. Stir the garlic and parsley until you have a well-combined butter.
Cut the loaf of bread in half, length way and spread the garlic butter on the inside of the bread. Preheat the oven to 350℉/175℃.
Put the halved bread on a baking tray buttered side up. Bake the bread in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. Take the bread out of the oven.
Turn the oven to broiler. Then first sprinkle the parmesan on the bread. Then cover all of the bread with the hard mozzarella including the edges.
Return the baking tray under the broiler for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and has brown patches.
Sprinkle some finely chopped fresh parsley on top and serve straight away.
Eat garlic bread with
You can eat this garlic bread all by itself and have a great meal. Fortunately, there are a lot of recipes you can eat this bread with:
- Mexican bean soup
- Cauliflower soup
- Oven roasted tomato salsa
- Vegan lentil curry
I hope you love this bread recipe as much as I do. Try this cheesy garlic bread.
Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Cheesy garlic bread
The best homemade cheesy garlic bread you ever tried. With lots of mozzarella and parmesan your bread is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 1 fresh loaf of white bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded hard mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Combine the soft butter with crushed (pestle and mortar) garlic and parsley. Stir until a well-combined butter appears
- Cut bread in half lengthways and spread the butter on the inside of the bread
- Preheat oven at 350℉/175℃ and bake the bread in the oven for 15 minutes
- Take the bread out of the oven and turn the oven to broil
- First, sprinkle the grated parmesan on the bread. Then cover the bread with the hard shredded mozzarella including the edges
- Put the bread under the broiler for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and has brown patches Sprinkle some finely chopped fresh parsley on top
- Ready to serve
Did you make this recipe?Tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram and hashtag it #thetortillachannel
De post Easy cheesy garlic bread is voor het eerst verschenen op The Tortilla Channel.