Radio Stations are blaring “Win this Gitex, lots of surprises coming your way, visit World Trade Center from 1st to 8th October 2016 and stand a chance to strike some mind blowing deals”. Every leading electronic retailer is trying to hog television prime spots and outdoor spaces to make sure their target customers are hearing what they say. One of Dubai’s leading and most awaited events is round the corner and the city’s inhabitants are making plans of the next technological gadget, they can’t wait to set their hands on.
The thrill, the excitement and the productivity heightens each year as GITEX takes on the city. It is one of the most celebrated events which not just pampers consumers with a great deal of nail biting deals but also offers the youth of the city, both expats and nationals; a chance to learn the realities of the professional world and earn a considerable amount of pocket money that is definitely a delight for any youngster looking to raise their first saving.
Bringing alive a spirit of awe and wonder, GITEX recreates realities by exposing consumers as well as corporate addicts with the latest in Technology. With engaging experiences, a wide range of raffle draws and ample special discounts, people flock in thousands and more each day as the week progresses at the 8 day long electronic exhibition. It brings together every innovation possible at the time under one roof and leaves the ultimate decision of suitability and preference in your hands.
For socialites and students, GITEX is not just a platform that promotes your shopping urges but also provides a wide scope for networking with professionals across different industries including IT, Media, Technology, Research etc. Often, it also helps to create contacts for future employment opportunities and helps boost your confidence if you are working at the activity ground bustling with life all day long.
For exhibitors, this opportunity comes across as a learning ground for what’s prevailing in the market as competitors come out in the open. This GITEX, GITEX is also hosting the most global startup movement involving 400 entrepreneurs, 250 investors and mentors from over 52 countries. The participating startups will be showcasing their concepts, engage in mentor sessions, pitch ideas to win and learn from some frivolous startup heroes. This gives these young budding business minds to get direction, motivation and success with their ideas for the future.
Most widely, it’s the GITEX SHOPPERS which is applauded and looked forward to. GITEX SHOPPERS is the 8 day long gadget affair that includes various simulative exposures to upcoming technologies, striking deals on older ones, amazing offers on what’s trending and an unsurmountable arena of opportunities to indulge in a social setting. Be it gaming, smart phones, wearables, laptops, accessories, watches, home appliances and more; GITEX has it all.
This year, the Spring season is back with delightful possibilities to suit the tastes and demands of every consumer and while business houses are gearing up to maximize from their exhibits, here are a few things you need to keep in mind about the event to make the most of what’s happening in the city.
Venue: Dubai World Trade Center
Closest Metro Station: Dubai World Trade Center. The location Information can be found here:
Food outlets close by: Apart from the small trolleys and food kiosks located in the walkways, Pizza Express, Burger Fuel and Japengo are located close by.
Parking: Free Parking for GITEX visitors is available just opposite to the exhibition hall. A connecting air bridge helps gain easy access to the point of venue.
Ticket Details: Tickets are priced AED 35 per person, per entry on 1 October (Saturday), 6 October (Thursday), 7 October (Friday) and 8 October (Saturday). AED 30 from 2 – 5 October (Sunday – Wednesday).
Student groups of 50 and above can get tickets at AED 10 per student.
The show is open to the public. Entrance for children below the age of 5 years is free. Children below the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Timings: 11am to 11pm on all days
Famous Exhibitors: JUMBO Electronics, EMAX Electronics, Jackys Electronics, Plug Ins, Sharaf DG and more.
Key highlights to keep an eye on:
- Wearables: The new age wearable technology has become quite a fad in recent times. These everyday companions have become a frequent among the youth and office goers as they help track day to day activity, fitness progress and sports records. With Gear Fit2 and IconX being widely successful, this is a new technology you can definitely try while you explore the exhibition.
- 3D- printing technologies: Following up on the previous years, the advances in 3D Printing shall be continuing during this GITEX as well. Exhibitors will for focusing on these technologies as well and will be allowing customers to engage in this experience. One such retailer is Jackys Electronics
- UHD TV’s: The Ultra High Definition television systems are taking the market by a storm. Consumers are choosing clarity integrated in visual and auditory exposures as prime decision influencers. These televisions feature four times the pixels per inch when compared to the Full HD television systems. When equipped with the leading OLED technology, they are one of the best buys indeed. Some of the leading brands you must check out for these are LG, Sony and Samsung.
- VR systems: The new age development of using virtual reality gadgets to add new dimensions to environments shall express its foray at GITEX 2016 as well. Enthusiastic gamers can engage in live experiences through this technology at the exhibition and learn more about the development of 360 degree cameras. Almost all exhibitors will be selling the latest VR gadgets.
- Other latest technologies: Drones will also be featuring at leading retail outlets this GITEX 2016. For all those, looking forward to grab one of their own, GITEX offers great deals on smart drones. Replacing the craze for hover boards, electric skateboards will be making an entry into the technological world to gain market share and assure more safety to consumers. Futuristic advancements in the division of home appliances shall prove accommodative and convenient for many householders while providing exciting combos on every product.
Remember, the best deals arise on the last two days though there is always a chance to lose out on stock. The evenings are accustomed to bring in huge crowds while it’s always advised to keep your personal belongings safe and guarded. Make sure you are energetic and fresh enough to not feel out of place due to the rush and noise.
This post first appeared on Dubai Real Estate Blog | Kendal & Co Real Estate D, please read the originial post: here