Phase Transfer Catalysis (PTC) is utilized as a part of the commercial manufacturing of more than $10 billion of chemicals each year. PTC is likewise utilized as a part of the prevention of pollution, its treatment and for the impurities removal in waste and product streams. Along with this, it also plays an important role for various synthetic agents. The Phase Transfer Catalyst (PTC) was introduced around 1965 and since then, it has become a firmly established technique in synthetic organic chemistry. Many reviews on synthetic methods that use the Phase Transfer Catalysts have been published. One of the top concerns in using a phase transfer catalyst (PTC) in soluble form is its separation from the reaction mixture. For efficient use of the catalyst and to meet product purity requirements, synthetic techniques using PTCs involve an additional separation of catalyst isolation and product purification.
Below are few reasons attributing phase transfer catalysts are becoming a staple of Chemical Industries.
- Along with the great demand of PTC in the chemical industries, it can be used for the synthesis process for fine chemicals manufacture including the agro-chemicals, pharmaceutical, paper, dyes and so on.
- Phase Transfer Catalysis is widely utilized as a part of the commercial manufacturing of chemicals of more than 10 billion dollars per year. PTC is likewise utilized as a part of the prevention of pollution, its treatment and for the impurities removal in waste and product streams. The demand for PTC is increased in the chemical industries due to several convincing advantages it provides, especially for lessening the cost of making organic chemical as well as pollution prevention.
- The scope of PTC can be figured out by considering the scope of reactions to which PTC can be applied. The 1700 patents along with 8000 publications on PTC are in around 30 noteworthy reactions classifications. This scope of PTC utilization is amazingly wide and is one of the most important reasons behind the increased demand for PTC in chemical industries and its great importance.
- Phase transfer Catalyst is a higher isolated yield provider and the reason behind this is its higher selectivity that is achieved by taking advantage of the high flexibility in designing the microenvironment of the reaction. This is one of the main reasons that chemical industries have increased demand for PTC.
- Regardless of market conditions, process scale or country of manufacture, the ability to increase the isolated yield of a reaction is always a basic method in order to decrease its cost, prevent pollution and improve the raw material usage. PTC provides higher isolated yield because of the higher selectivity achieved by taking advantage of the high flexibility in designing the microenvironment of the reaction. This is one of the best benefits of PTC which makes it more important.
This post first appeared on Cetrimide | Phase Transfer Catalyst | Tetraethylammonium Tetrafluoroborate, please read the originial post: here