Because We’re Ring Side…
Because of wonderful resources, right here in our own backyard, loyal clients, and cleaning professionals, we have ring-side seats on the cleaning solutions and tools that are used religiously by the professional cleaning community.
In our last article: Cleaning Necessities | Super Savvy Cleaning Professionals the best, brightest and most essential products were discussed. The synopsis, the top must-have products used by cleaning professionals include just four top essentials: all-purpose cleaner, wood cleaner, tile & grout cleaner and glass cleaner. In essence, a short list that can handle most big jobs.
Knock Out Cleaning Tools
Of course, products are only as useful and effective as the tools used in tandem with them. And, just as with product, it’s all too easy to overbuy cleaning tools that promise to clean, cure, resolve, address and create a cleaning miracle with no work at all.
Consider the following list as your “Fight Card” or the holy grail of professional cleaning tools. Stay light on your feet, move with concentration, buy the right stuff and be in the game, not as a contender, but as a heavyweight champion.
Here’s Your Fight Card
– The vacuum might be the most important and biggest investment for most. However, it is a critical component of every cleaning professionals arsenal. There are hundreds of choices from backpack vacs to wet/dry extractors.
It is advisable to buy an all-purpose, multi-functional piece of equipment that is durable, intelligently engineered and highly effective.
A good vacuum with extension wands, a crevice tool, dusting brush and an upholstery tool is worth its weight in gold. The Sanitaire HEPA Filtration Upright Vacuum actually improves indoor air quality while vacuuming.
– Always protect your hands. There are gloves, and there are gloves. Use Heavier Gauge Gloves that are chemical-resistant to harsh detergents, acids, solvents, alcohols, and alkalies. Using these gloves are especially important when using acid-based cleaners or if you suffer from skin sensitivity.
And for light duty maintenance and clean up, use a disposable light gauge Natural Latex Glove.
– You will never achieve a completely clean space without this must have tool. The price point of an extendable duster is very reasonable, but the results are pretty priceless. The devil is in the details and unattended dust matters.
The Continental’s Cobweb Duster has synthetic fibers that hold dust with an electrostatic action. It has a curved shape to fit around curves and into hard to reach areas like corners, ceiling fans, vaulted ceilings and anywhere cobwebs accumulate.
– These scrubbers work hard to tackle tough messes but rinse clean. Durable and long-lasting, scrubby sponges are tough little nuggets that should be on hand, always.
These Scrubby Sponges are 2 times more durable than the leading cellulose sponge and are odor resistant because they inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
They also contain an antimicrobial agent built into the sponge and scrubber that won’t wear off over time, providing continuous protection against the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold, and mildew.
– Split microfiber is positively charged which attracts the negatively charged dust particles like a magnet. This makes it more effective than a regular cloth and chemical spray for dusting. Even better, you can just rinse it when you are done to release all the dust and then you can use it wet.
Unlike cotton, microfiber leaves no lint behind and is very soft, making it safe for use on painted and wood surfaces.
A Microfiber Cloth is also an environmentally friendly way to clean. Microfiber towels are machine washable eliminating the use of paper towels thereby promoting the practice of green cleaning. Many clients not only embrace the green cleaning concept but request it.
– If you are not using a double pail bucket, check it out. A Double Pail Bucket has a molded-in graduation for accurate measuring with a wide pour spout.
A double pail has one section for wash water and one for rinse water. It’s just a smart design that allows for a fast, easy and practical way to rinse as you go.
– Best thing since sliced bread. Work smarter not harder with an exceptionally absorbent microfiber mop. Cleans floors fast with minimal input and it can be used wet or dry.
A Microfiber Mop has individual fibers that are split to allow the mop to pick up and hold dust, dirt and even liquid better than a cotton or synthetic mop.
Because the fibers are positively charged, they attract the negatively charged dirt and grime that lives in the deepest crevice or crack in the floor. Microfiber floor mops remove over 99% of bacteria they reach.
– These narrow brushes help you free grout lines of debris, resulting in longer-lasting grout. It’s just a step up from a toothbrush that you actually need to make sure the grout cleaning task works at peak performance.
The Synthetic-Fill Tile & Grout Brush has stiff bristles that provide heavy-duty scrubbing action with an ergonomic plastic handle that helps relieve hand stress. Super affordable and gets the job done efficiently.
– Get a good one. You know the drill. A commercial grade Toilet Bowl Brush gets the job done, and of course, you know it’s used to clean the toilet and only the toilet. Of course, you knew that!
Go the Distance
With ever-increasing specialized requests from clients, the need for existing, new and innovative products are often needed, and that’s okay.
In fact, without innovative technologies, we would all still be using bamboo rug beaters to clean carpets. It’s just wise to have a good foundation of practical use products before incorporating special request, or high-end specialty products.
Over time, the need for these products will reveal themselves as specialization tools are needed or unusual cleaning challenges emerge.
Items like a cleaning caddy, hard water cleaner, squeegee and a glass stove top scraper are commonly added as must-have items.
With the right mix of cleaning products and tools knock that job out in one round, every single time!
What do you use in your cleaning business? Have we overlooked something that you consider a “must-have” item? We’d like to know. If you’re looking for something we haven’t mentioned, give us a call at 800.983.8280 to chat. If you’d like to find out more about our products and recommendations to help your business, give us a shout and talk to an expert.
Sani-Chem Cleaning Supplies is run by people – not boards, stockholders or algorithms. Real people, with real experience and knowledge. Finding better ways to clean your world & serving the community since 1976.
Sani-Chem Cleaning Supplies
“all rights reserved”
The post Knock Out Cleaning Tools appeared first on Sani-Chem Cleaning Supplies.
This post first appeared on Keeping It Clean - A Clean, Better Life Blog - Best Practices, please read the originial post: here