Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve been discussing Celebrities and also viral marketing. In case you’ve missed any of our earlier articles, here’s your chance to catch up.
- Celebrity Charities & How They Make a Social Impact
- Tips on Nonprofit Viral Marketing & Attracting Celebrities
This post will give you a look into a few significant resources that can help you go viral with an influencer such as a celebrity. Whether you’re seeking to research information about Hollywood stars and their favorite causes or trying to find a way to connect your nonprofit group to an influencer so you can leverage the viral power of high-profile people, these resources are excellent places to assist you in your viral marketing and influencer planning.
- Look to the Stars: This leading site was established in 2006 by husband and wife team, Steve and Myrlia Purcell. The couple understood the power of celebrity for social good, and they created a platform to publicize it to the public. Look to the Stars has been featured in publications such as BBC,Forbes, and E! Online. It serves as an excellent resource for nonprofit and school fundraisers looking to see which causes are near and dear to celebrities. The organization promotes charities and the excellent work of celebrities. If you’d like more information about contacting celebrities and asking them to get involved in your cause, Look to the Stars has published information about how to do it well.
- Omaze: Omaze is an excellent platform that connects celebrities and influencers with social causes and brands. This platform uses the auction-giving model and provides the public with once-in-a-lifetime experiences for donations of as little as $10, which has motivated individuals from over 170 countries to support more than 150 charities. Some of the current experiences, as of this writing, include joining Chris Evans (e.g., “Captain America”) on the red carpet for Marvel’s new movie Avengers: Endgame. For the same film, you can also spend time with Danai Gurira or Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Charity Navigator: Although the nonprofit platform helps donors and others understand and evaluate nonprofit organizations, this site can also be excellent for researching the causes of many of the top influencers and celebrities in the philanthropic world. By taking a look at their page entitled, Celebrities Put Star-Power to Good Use, you’ll have the opportunity to see which social cause is close to their heart, which provides your group with information as to whether your mission is aligned with their philanthropic interests.
Finally, when if you’re thinking about getting a celebrity or significant influencer on board in your cause there are a few other things to keep in mind.
- Be patient: People know that you’re enthusiastic about your cause, but don’t be overly excited. When dealing with influencers and celebrities, remember, you don’t want to appear like a stalker. Do your homework, and research on how to approach them appropriately.
- Share on social media: Celebrities understand the power of social media, and they want to support organizations that know their ability to engage, inspire, and motivate as well. Be active on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Put high-quality content and images that are easily sharable (in other words, make them light and fun).
- Do your research: When you’re looking to recruit a celebrity or movie star, do your research. You wouldn’t approach a funder not having done your homework on what they support, and the same should go for a high-profile person.
Stay tuned to this space for more information about creative fundraisers, celebrity and viral marketing. Next week we’ll be featuring a Social enterprise that’s making a difference to help the planet, micro-entrepreneurs in developing nations, and charities in our country when you rethink recycling.
© 2019 Funds2Orgs. All Rights Reserved.
The post Tips for Getting Celebrities to Support Your Nonprofit Cause appeared first on Funds2Orgs.