Wishing to arrive with a distinctive gift for the founders of your feast?
Why not ditch the classic bottle of wine for something equally flavorful but just a bit more creative?
The shelves at The Oilerie in Burien are filled with thoughtful and indulgent offerings your host or hostess will enjoy long after the party lights have faded.
Here is just a sampling of the many delights you will find in-store:
- 25 Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar: $22.00 back in stock just in time to grace the holiday table. The Oilerie’s exclusive aged balsamic is produced just for them in Modena, Italy. A luscious and thick balsamic, it is an extreme value at just $22.00 as compared to other pre-bottled 25 year balsamics you will find elsewhere for up to $80.00. Density, aroma and flavor make this versatile – even as a desert topping!
- Roasted Walnut Oil: $16.50 Baking with Nut oils infuses flavor complexity through every dish. Great for salads, bread dipping and baking. Cook squash with this oil instead of butter. Par boil carrots and then toss them with this oil and balsamic vinegar. Marinate for 1 hour and then grill until tender. Green beans, walnuts and mushrooms tossed with this oil and balsamic and then grilled are to die for. Use it in all of baked goods instead of butter.
- Oilerie specialty cooking sauces: $6.50-$6.99 make a tasteful statement with a trio of sweet or savory sauces. With a dozen different flavors to choose from you are sure to find a new taste sensation even for the most sophisticated palate.Portobella Shallot Chop Sauce and Bourbon Peppercorn Steak Slather are just two to consider.
- Parmesan Blend Bread Dipping Seasoning & Dish Set: $7.49. With the dish included all you need is to add your favorite Oilerie extra virgin olive oil for bread dipping! 1.8 ounce tin.
- Fior Fiore Italian E.V.O.O.: $16.50 Our personal favorite! This Extra virgin olive oil is rich and buttery, a perfect substitute for those looking to lower cholsterol and boost “good fats.” The Best of the Best! Butter-like taste with a beautiful aroma. Medium. Less than .2% acidity. Produced exclusively for Oilerie in Italy.
Ready to shop? The Oilerie Holiday hours are in effect as the clock ticks down to Christmas:
- Saturday, Dec. 23: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 24: 1 – 5 p.m.
- On Monday, Dec. 25 they will be Closed.
Address: 540 SW 152nd Street (in the retail space of Burien Town Square), Burien 98166
Phone: (206) 243-8191
Local owners Trish and Marty wish you a Merry Christmas!