FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Title: Northern Nigeria Crisis Response Operations Coordinator
- The conflict in Nigeria’s northeast, provoked by Boko Haram, has resulted in a growing humanitarian crisis with an estimated 7 million people in need of emergency assistance and at least 1.8 million Internally Displaced Persons.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food security.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 20 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- The Operations Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to manage and support logistics, operations and finance for three sites of the new liberated government areas (LGAs) - Dikwa, Bama and Gwoza – with potential for additional sites. Under the supervision of the Response Team Coordinator, the Operations Coordinator will oversee a Logistics Manager and Finance Manager, supervising and supporting all activities related to logistics, operations and finance.
- Manages the operational and strategic functions for the department to ensure compliance and efficiency with company SOPs.
- Ensures the development of proper training and documentation for functional areas.
- Provides recommendations and consults with management on projects and strategic goals.
- Develops and implements new or revised policies and procedures for internal use.
- Provides full oversight for projects/programs including project scope and management of cross functional project teams.
- Builds and trains staff on policies and procedures to achieve department and organizational goals
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field
- Typically requires 8+ years of finance management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here