Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Title: Buyer
- Liaise with Head of Procurement to collect the list of material approved for procurement.
- Plan and prioritize procurement workload in Compliance with instructions received from his/her hierarchy.
- Administer the tendering process to ensure the “due process” is respected and timely progress is achieved, including preparation and issuance of communication documentation with Tenderers, organization of tender clarification meetings, organization of tender correspondence, filing, etc in accordance with Group and/or Project approved strategic sourcing methodology & procedures for the procurement process.
- Evaluate contractual and commercial proposals and assist in evaluation of technical proposals where applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of the Technical Evaluation Report and the Recommendation to Award.
- Prepare final purchase order documents and obtain signatures for execution of the contract.
- Ensure subsequent actions for follow up and expediting, in coordination with freight forwarding for transportation, import/export formalities, custom clearance and delivery to user or warehouse.
- Expedite the delivery of the goods ordered.
- Ensure that internal clients are made aware of any significant issues, which may affect delivery and cost, and report to management such issues and corrective actions implemented.
- Liaise with Suppliers and ensure their production planning and contractual schedule are being strictly followed and adhered to and that all contractor respect and fulfill their scope of work.
- Ensure that all purchases of the project are run through due Tender with proper competition.
- Guaranty the quality of the data contained in e-Transit, Ariba and UNISUP.
- Ensure the adequate use of SAP and/or other purchasing tools.
- Ensure that the Goods Receipt and Services Entry Sheets are properly implemented in order to allow payment of the Supplier/Contractors.
- To fully comply with office Security, Heath and safety instructions.
- Attend all HSE meetings as may be required.
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the hierarchy.
- Degree, Diploma level or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a supply officer involved in the preparation, negotiation and administration of a specific range of purchases or small contracts.
- Able to do procurement by him/herself.
- Some knowledge of petroleum industry equipment, specifications, manufacture, operation, certification requirements and of the Company’s business functions essential.
- Comprehensive understanding and working appreciation of the main supply chain issues including the application and optimisation of an integrated business system (SAP).
- Knowledge of freight forwarding and stock management main principles, process and relevant procedures.
- Able to anticipate and communicate with end users.
Closing Date: 7th October, 2016.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here