The World Press Photo Foundation invites applications from documentary photographers in West Africa for the World Press Photo Masterclass West Africa. From the annual Joop Swart Masterclass to local workshops, from grants to speaking events, the World Press Photo Foundation aims to educate, enable, and connect visual storytellers.
The Masterclass West Africa is the third in the World Press Photo Foundation’s series of satellite masterclasses, after previous editions in Mexico and Kenya, and is based on the formula of the annual Joop Swart Masterclass, which is run annually for the world’s most talented emerging visual journalists.
Title: World Press Photo Masterclass West Africa
- The Masterclass West Africa will take place in Accra, Ghana, from 8 to 12 March 2017, and will support the most promising young visual journalists in their professional development.
- All photographers who have worked on visual stories about daily life, nature, politics and society are encouraged to apply for the Masterclass West Africa.
- The masters, who will be chosen to meet the learning needs and wishes of the selected participants, will share their expertise and provide individual advice to all participants.
- The masterclass curriculum is structured around thematic photo essays that participants are required to work on in advance of the masterclass.
- The masterclass week also includes lectures by, and individual instruction with, all masters.
- Participation in Masterclass West Africa is free for those selected, and all travel and lodging expenses will be covered by the World Press Photo Foundation.
- Professional photographers with experience working on documentary photo stories
- Are under the age of 35; and
- Have a good understanding of English.
- Are nationals or permanent residents of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo;
15th January, 2017
Method of Application
- Please send your portfolio, biography with age and nationality, full contact details, as well as a short statement of your motivation in English describing what the masterclass might mean to your professional development. Submit all this information to [email protected]
- Large files (25MB
- An international, professional and independent committee will select a maximum of 12 participants based on the quality of work and motivation for participation.
Click here to get more information
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here