Girl Effect has developed an innovative, bespoke mobile based, girl led research methodology, named Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors (TEGA) which aims to deliver faster and more accurate insight into hard to reach developing world communities.Pioneered in Nigeria, Girls aged 18-24 are recruited and trained via MLearning to become qualified qualitative and quantitative interviewers.
Using bespoke mobile technology they conduct surveys, collecting data, video, photo and audio content. These surveys are then instantly uploaded and automatically organized in a highly secure digital content hub, creating a live gateway to hard to reach communities.
Job Title: Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors (TEGA) Project Manager
- The Project Manager will work in close collaboration with the TEGA Team, Evidence team, Girl Specialist team and Finance and Operations teams - both in London and the country offices.
- The Project manager will also work closely with our external global Research and Technology partners based in London.
Support with procurement and management of consultants
- Liaise with Operations on Contract management using Salesforce
- Invoicing and processing
Project Management - including liaison with Implementing Agencies
- Work closely with the team to ensure project management and reporting tools in place and fit for purpose
- Track teams, agencies and local partners’ deliverables and flag to team if they are off track in terms of timeframe and/or budget
- If required, field visits to sites to support coordination and organization of TEGA research projects and/or training.
General support and coordination
- Organise and lead project meetings, logistics, team attendance and note taking (for internal and external projects)
- Support Senior Manager, TEGA on budget development and management
- New research location process management in collaboration with other team members
- Maintaining a database of TEGAs, translators and local partners across Nigeria.
These will be finalised in collaboration with the selected candidate but are likely to include:
- Successful development of project management tools, quality assured and approved by Girl Effect London.
- Regularly updated project management tools and status reports highlighting progress made on projects as well as any risks to delivering to timeframe and budget.
- Strong relationships with, and successful coordination of, the relevant Girl Effect teams and Implementing Agencies, tracking their progress against timeframe and deliverables, escalating to Senior Manager TEGA and the team as/when risks arise.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in complex, multi-geo project management and coordination, including implementation and monitoring, partner relationships, communication and networking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with local organisations, contractors and senior stakeholders
- Good research knowledge and experience
- Experience project managing fast moving and innovative projects
- Literate in mobile tech development.
- Track record of managing projects on time, on budget and to a high standard.
- Excellent written and fluent spoken English.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience working in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds.
- Experienced of commercial/client account project management is desirable.
- A background in gender or familiarity with gender/girl-centred programming is desirable.
- A First Degree plus 3 years project management experience or
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project management across multiple projects.
22nd December, 2016
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here