eRecruiter Nigeria - Our client is a private multi-specialist Hospital and a reputable health care facility located in Lagos state. A full-fledged modern hospital that provides high-quality clinical services and also provides general health care services, 24 hour pharmacy services, diagnostic services and training to doctors. It is well equipped with state of art equipment and the objective is to become a world-class hospital.
Job Title: Lead Pharmacist
- The Lead Pharmacist is responsible for the efficient operation of the hospital pharmacy. The Lead Pharmacist establishes standards of quality, productivity and performance in accordance with the Hospital policies, procedures and requirements of State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Will adhere to the Mission and Values of the hospital. Supervises Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants. The Lead Pharmacist is responsible to the Executive Director/CEO.
- Ensures that the department functions are run smoothly and in compliance with PharmAccess Quality standards.
- Coordinates and supervises department operation.
- Develops and maintains pharmacy services in accordance with State and Federal regulations, accepted standards, professional practices and hospital policies.
- Creates and maintains job description and completes annual performance reviews on all employees in a timely manner.
- Initiates and implements Quality Improvement for the department.
- Selects, orientates, supervises, instructs and dismisses departmental personnel.
- Responsible for the planning, supervision, coordination and successful execution of all activities related to the pharmacy’s operations.
- Supervises departmental personnel including: hiring, orientation, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring, scheduling and evaluating performance, and initiative corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Prepares and dispenses medicines, chemicals and pharmaceutical preparations according to written orders by authorized medical practitioners with clinical privileges.
- Develop and implement clinical pharmacy standards to ensure safe and effective use of medicines throughout the Hospital.
- Provide clinical training in medicines to nursing and other professional staff around the safe and effective use of medicines.
- Provide a highly specialized clinical service to all wards and departments in accordance with professional, departmental and Hospital policies. This will include:
- Attendance on consultant or other senior doctors’ ward rounds to advise on appropriate medicines use.
- Taking drug histories on admission from patient’s, their relatives or general practitioners.
- Independently reviewing patients’ prescriptions and medication to ensure safe and effective use and deciding upon treatment options with the responsible medical staff.
- Formulation of individual pharmaceutical care plans.
- Review and update of care plans depending on response, results of Investigations and adverse effects.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for specific drugs. Educating and independently advising patients on the purpose of safe and effective use of their medicines including those patients who are anxious and emotionally distressed.
- Develop evidence based treatment protocols for use within the Hospital.
- Facilitate implementation of local and national guidelines where appropriate.
- Informing medical and nursing staff regarding any inappropriate or dangerous
- use of medicines and ensuring timely remedial action.
- Documenting advice and interventions within patients’ case notes in a manner that
- demonstrates professional accountability.
- Resolve highly complex or contentious pharmaceutical care issues using an advanced
- level of clinical reasoning and judgment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from a relevant university is Compulsory.
- Must have previously worked or currently works in a private Hospital.
- Candidates must be registered with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria with at least 5 years post NYSC experience.
- Post-holder should be a member of the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet.
- Requires ability to relate in a respectful, professional, courteous manner with all employees and outside agencies.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical/clinical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, significant decision making abilities and effective conflict resolution skills in day-to-day management activities.
- Must have strong background in managing people.
- Requires ability to be culturally sensitive to patient and staff needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and the general public.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here