With the weather getting noticeably colder and the dark nights here to stay for a while, it’s not unusual to worry about your Boiler breaking down and having to find someone – anyone – who can fix it quick so we are not left without hot water and heating for too long. With Christmas approaching, it’s even more concerning as you don’t want to be left in the cold – literally – over the many bank holidays we have over the festive period.
If you do find yourself with a misbehaving boiler, take a look at the following tips to see what you can do before calling out a professional:
- Keep warm – make sure you keep in any heat you have by closing the curtains, blocking drafts and have blankets to hand, especially if you have people susceptible to the cold with you, such as young children or the elderly.
- Can you smell gas? If so, give us a call, or contact the National Gas Emergency number 0800 111 999.
- Perhaps the most obvious suggestion, but is your boiler switched on? Check the switch just to be sure.
- Are your energy supplier payments up to date? Double check and have their number handy should you need to give them a call.
- Try the reset button on your boiler which is often on the front of the boiler. If you don’t know where it is or what to do, read the manufacturer’s instructions and this will tell you.
- Are there any cold patches on your radiators? If so, this could be the problem and you will need to bleed them with a radiator key. If air is trapped, you will hear a hissing sound when you have turned the key anticlockwise.
- If this list doesn’t fix your problem, then call our highly trained boiler engineers on 020 8813 4000. Why should you call us? If possible, we will diagnose the problem over the phone and give you advice on fixing the boiler yourself. If this is not possible, a Gas Safe engineer will have your system working again as soon as possible.
The saying goes that prevention is better than the cure, and this is true when it comes to the boiler and heating system in your home. To protect yourself and your family at Christmas and throughout the year, take out our [http://www.ramki.co.uk/breakdown-cover/ Breakdown Cover], from as little as £139 per year. Stay safe in the knowledge that you will never get left in the cold and you will also receive an annual service of your boiler and central heating system.
The post Protect your family with boiler protection this Christmas appeared first on Ramki Heating.
This post first appeared on Ramki Heating Ramki Heating - London's Local Central Heating Engineers - Greater London - Greenford - Wembley - Harrow - Ealing, please read the originial post: here