Employment Status: Salaried permanent employee based in Burntwood (occasional travel to Derby site)
Salary: negotiable dependent on experience (up to £25k) plus Profit Share
Supervised and supported by: IT Manager
Mercian Labels wishes to hire a full time Software Developer to develop an in house MIS system, and provide a limited amount of IT helpdesk support.
Our fast-paced, high intensity and exciting company has an opening for a Software Developer to develop our in-house web based MIS/CRM applications predominantly in PHP, with smaller amounts of HTML / CSS / SQL code. Occasional resolution of software and hardware problems, PC support, and other IT support tasks will also be required.
You will have at least 1 year’s experience of coding in PHP and keen to develop your understanding working under an experienced IT professional on a well established system.
Key Accountabilities and Tasks:
• Writing PHP software patches based on reported problems and requested features (90% of time)
• Writing SQL reports for management
• Ad hoc helpdesk support, monitoring backups and servers, provisioning, repairing and updating VOIP phones, emails, computers and printers
Essential Skills & Experience
• 1 years + experience of PHP programming / software development programming in PHP on a daily basis
• 1 years + experience of HTML/JS/CSS/SQL
• Full UK Driving Licence and own car for travel between sites (Burntwood and Derby)
• Ability to diagnose and suggest fixes for software issues
Desirable Skills & Experience
• 1 years + experience of Linux (90% desktops and 100% servers run Ubuntu Linux).
• Graduate or graduate level ability qualified by experience
• Ability to diagnose hardware issues
• Experience working with Open Source Software applications
• Experience with a CMS, such as WordPress
• Experience with PHP frameworks, such as CakePHP or CodeIgniter
• Experience in database design
Person Specification / Key Behaviours:
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Ability to relay verbal instructions to end users who have varying levels of computer experience
• Punctuality and meeting deadlines
• Good organisation
• Able to prioritise tasks based on business objectives
If you feel you have what it takes to fulfil this role please send covering letter and CV stating your current salary and / or salary expectations as well as a short paragraph explaining how you feel you could work within, and demonstrate, our company values.
Please send applications to Tara Warner at [email protected]
For further information please visit our careers page.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 3rd January 2016 with single stage interview to take place w/c 11th January 2016.
Please note, if shortlisted for interview, you will be expected to carry out a short PHP Programming Task onsite.
Appointment shortly thereafter.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.