Building Business relationships is something that we do just about every day. Most days we experience positive outcomes from interacting with others. However, at times, we may also fail to generate a good outcome from our efforts.
Several reasons may exist as to why our business relationship efforts can suffer:
1. Poor or negative attitude - If you are emitting a bad vibe, then people may stay away from you. As a result, your efforts will most likely fall flat. Stay positive as much as possible around others.
2. One-sided relationships - For a relationship to last over time, both sides need to make it work. If you find yourself as mostly a "taker" from certain people, then chances are that these people will stop interacting with you. It is okay to ask for assistance but you should also have a plan to give it back.
3. Building the wrong relationships - Building a network of quality and diverse people is generally better than a large network. Focus on building fewer key relationships who have access to a larger and influential network. Be more strategic in your relationship building. Your time is a precious commodity.
4. Lack of nurturing existing relationships - While it is important to continuously meet new people, it is equally if not more important to build up your existing relationships. You should keep some of your key relationships strong by interacting on a regular basis while providing value.
5. Find new ways to meet people - Diversifying how you meet new people will keep you fresh and give you the opportunity to meet people who you may not have met otherwise. Be creative and find new ways to meet people both online and in person.
What other reasons why could your business relationship building be suffering?