At the end of each year, it is a good idea to reflect on what worked and what you can improve on with your Relationship building. Once you evaluate your efforts, you can then put together a plan on action for the next year.
Here are some questions to ask yourself so you can begin your action plan:
- Were you selective on which existing relationships you decided to build into stronger relationships?
- Did you find ways to communicate on a regular basis with your network?
- Did you focus on building a diverse network?
- Did you find ways to meet new people?
- Did you attend events on a regular basis? If so, did you come away with 1-2 quality relationships?
- Did you cut down some of your activity and just focus on building up some quality relationships?
- Did you regularly assist those in your network? Did they return the favor when you asked?
- Did you distance yourself from people who were constant takers?
- Did some of your business relationships turn into friendships?
- Did you have fun building new relationships?
Take some time to reflect on your efforts so you can start the new year even stronger. Building relationships takes time and effort. Make sure that you spend it wisely to maximize your efforts