If real estate property in India is what interests you, you probably would like to deal in them by becoming a real estate agent. Becoming a successful real estate agent requires you to have some pre-requisites such as education, brokerage firm, license and developing a portfolio. Be prepared to invest in a lot of time in education yourself and researching a broker who can help you get your first clients. It is also essential to pass national and state level examinations. Let us have a look at 6 easy ways of starting a real estate agent career.
- Irrespective of the state you live in, you need to take pre-licensing courses. Every state differs in its requirements as regards to these licenses. While some states require you to have college level course, some others require you to take a set number of hours of education. It is a great idea to contact your state’s real estate commission to know the eligibility and requirement for becoming a real estate agent.
- A brokerage is an agency or a firm where real estate agents work. It is a requirement to work with a broker in order to become a real estate agent. This you need to look for a licensed brokerage before completed your training course. These brokerages, which generally have an additional of three years of training on real estate, are the best places to gather guidelines on the fieldwork, listing and selling spaces as well as real estate property valuation. The size and reputation of a brokerage are of utmost importance when looking for one. Enquire your neighbours or friends for any experiences with known brokerage or read online comments on brokerage sites.
- You need to appear and pass state and national level exams that will get you real estate licenses. You also may have to provide for a criminal background check.
- Be prepared with your finances. Becoming a real estate agent does not come that cheap. Cost of exams, licensing course, association fees, business cards, signs, advertisings etc. make up for the real estate agent budget you should be prepared for.
- You need to join the National Association of Realtors in order to use the title ‘realtor’ beside your name. Choose an affiliate brokerage and attend few set of meetings designated by the local authorities to enter into the association and get the knowledge of what to know before becoming a realtor.
- The most important way of becoming a real estate agent is to start building your portfolio. Find a mentor and make use of your personal network. Your mentor will guide you in buying/selling contacts and split commissions. If you are based in Mumbai, try looking out for properties at prime locations such as apartments for sale in Andheri The spaces are lavish and expensive, so will be their commissions f you strike a good deal. Real estate in Andheri is on a rise, thanks to many upcoming projects by reputed builders. Many locals as well as NRIs look for experience real estate agent in Andheri to get the best deals.
Becoming a real estate agent is as similar to starting a new venture. You will need a start-up fund, ample time and effort as well as networks to get the business going.
The post 6 Easy Steps to Become a Real Estate Agent appeared first on Real Estate Blogs | Real Estate News in India | Property News.