There are two budgets submitted
- Official White House [WH]- President Trump’s Amendment – This one is pitiful. At least we know that someone in the current Administration knows how to use Excel.
- Government Printing Office [GPO] – America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again
Seven Things Stand Out
1) Trump’s 1st and 2nd Executive Order for a Muslim Travel Ban has been challenged in court. So within his submitted budget border security is mentioned 22 times . It seems that the Administration are ill informed that the budget request will circumvent courts by placing it into the budget.
2) “Executive Order” has been 7 times. Which means that the Trump Administration understands that without a law, without congress Executive Orders are up for debate. Trump is frustrated that being a boss is not the same as President.It seems that Trump doesn’t have faith in the individual merits of his Executive Orders and believes that he found a loophole buy inserting his orders into the budget. It won’t work.
- “Comprehensive Plan for Reorganizing the Executive Branch” (once)
- “Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs.” (thrice)
- “Enforcing the Regulatory Reform Agenda,” (once)
There is a general mention of “implementation of Executive Orders” (twice)
3) “Includes additional resources for a wall on the southern border with Mexico” – Building the wall will not be paid by Mexico, it will be paid by United States taxpayers.
4) The Budget also proposes to eliminate funding for:
- African Development Foundation
- Appalachian Regional Commission
- Chemical Safety Board
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Delta Regional Authority
- Denali Commission
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Inter-American Foundation
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- Legal Services Corporation
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation
- Northern Border Regional Commission
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- United States Institute of Peace
- United States Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
5) Eliminates more than 50 Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] programs.
6) It reduces budget from about all agencies except for Homeland Security and Department of Defense.
7) The defunding and eliminating programs doesn’t save any money; the budget is still bloated due to military spending, border control and .
Luckily Trump’s budget is only a proposal and Congress are able to take issue, especially if their constituents make their voices heard.
Capitol Call, a political activism mobile app, has been released to the public. The purpose of this app is to take the guesswork out of direct political action for the everyday citizens and to provide a tool for grassroots organizers to direct their followers in coordinated actions.
The app is available for free to users in the USA and is compatible with iOS and Android platforms. New features launch every two-to-three weeks and political issue information is updated daily.
The post Seven Items That Congress Will Not Allow in Trump’s Budget appeared first on Spinning Media.