February 11, 2016 | Lee Mashburn | Vice President, Marketing
According to Gartner’s Pat Phelan, midsize enterprises face budgetary and headcount challenges when supporting Oracle and SAP ERP solutions. Gartner is experiencing a steady increase of inquiries from Midmarket IT leaders about cancelling maintenance agreements with ERP vendors as they explore alternative Support options.
In a recent Gartner webinar entitled Should Midmarket Leaders Switch to Third-Party Support, Pat shared:
- Reasons why increasingly more midsize enterprises that run SAP and Oracle are switching to third-party support
- Alternative support options
- Counsel on how to best understand the impact of cancelling software vendor support
Spinnaker Support is sponsoring Pat’s presentation content for a limited time. Access now.
Spinnaker Support customers range in size from relatively small to very large, with our largest customers accounting for the bulk of revenues. However, more than two-thirds of our customers represent the midmarket, with revenues ranging from $100 million to $2.5 billion. Midmarket organizations are investigating and adopting third-party support significantly faster than bigger enterprises. Our customers tell us why:
- The cost to stay current or migrate to the vendor’s cloud solution is prohibitive.
- Paying fees to support unused licenses creates unnecessary cost pressures.
- Larger enterprises often drive vendor roadmaps in directions not suitable for the midmarket.
- Diminishing support attention and response, at higher cost, is no longer the only option.
- A push to self-service strains internal resources that once received more personalized support from the vendor.
- Midmarket enterprises are more nimble due to less IT clutter and complexity. Transition to a third-party is straightforward.
- They value our expert and highly responsive services, delivered by a partner that addresses more of their service needs: software maintenance, managed services, and consulting.
Check out Gartner’s “Should Midmarket Leaders Switch to Third-Party Support” and then contact Spinnaker Support. You’ll be glad you did.
The post Should Midmarket Leaders Switch to Third-Party Support? appeared first on Spinnaker Support.
This post first appeared on SAP & Oracle Third-Party Support Services | Spinna, please read the originial post: here