Not interested in the what and why?
What is a ‘client profile’?
A client profile is a document that you fill in, detailing the characteristics, demographics, wants and needs of someone who would be a perfect fit for your business offering.
In essence, it’s a resource that will help you get to know your Ideal clients… Which is incredibly important because how the heck else are you going to understand what they want?
Why should I have one?
Filling in a client Profile Template and using it to guide your marketing strategies will be one of the best decisions you ever make…
Because knowing who you’re targeting means you’ll waste less money and sign more clients.
Don’t believe me?
Let’s do a little thought experiment…
Imagine, for a second, you’re trying to sell your product (a portable phone charger) to Person A and Person B.
Person A has been randomly picked from a bunch of people on the street. As it’s turned out, she’s 75 years old and owns a Nokia 3310 that’s ‘somewhere in a drawer at home’.
Person B has been handpicked. He’s a 22 year old, social media fanatic who was in the middle of live streaming his lunch when the red bar in the top right-hand corner of his iPhone 7 appeared…
He’s currently twitching and eyeing up your pockets.
How do you think the pitch is going to go with Person A?
I’d imagine that somewhere in a drawer far away, that Nokia 3310 is laughing at you (and is probably still 46% charged).
Now, imagine how the pitch with Person B might go.
By the sounds of things, you wouldn’t need to do much and you’d have Person B begging you to sell him the charger…
(Kids these days!)
The point is, if you don’t have a clear picture of who your ideal client is, then you’ll be wasting your money targeting a pool of random people, including people like Person A.
If you do have a clear picture of your ideal client, however, you’ll be able to sleep at night knowing that your money is being invested in people who are actually interested in what you have to offer.
Which means less wasted marketing spend, an increased ROI and a greater chance of reaching someone who is ready to sign on the dotted line.
More From JTN
- Checklist: A Step-By-Step Guide To Twitter Ads For Your B2B Firm
- 5 Questions To Ask Before Investing In Digital Marketing Services
- 2 Minute Listen: Return Of The Vernac
What are the benefits of knowing who my ideal client is?
Oh, you’re still not convinced? You’re a hard nut to crack!
Well, let’s take a look at the benefits of only targeting your ideal client:
- Less churn, more spend—It doesn’t take long for the people who are wrong for your business to figure it out and leave. Conversely, when someone knows you’ve got what they’ve been looking for, they’re much more likely to hang around. Which means…
- An accelerated sales cycle—If they’re an ideal client, they’re a lot easier to convince that your services are right for them. Which means they’re a lot quicker to convert.
- More people talking about your firm—Ideal clients who convert will likely be happy clients. After all, you do exactly what they need and want you to do. This means more people shouting about the great job you did which, let’s be honest, never hurts.
- A bigger marketing budget—If you’re reading this and you work in the marketing department, then consider this; targeting the right people means you multiply your chances of resonating with someone who is ready to ‘buy in’ to your services, thus enabling you to sign more clients at a faster rate. This won’t go unnoticed by key decision-makers in your firm, who will be enticed to invest further marketing spend off the back of accelerated growth opportunities.
Download our ideal client profile template
Now that you’re convinced that you need to identify who your ideal clients are, you’re probably in the market for a client profile template to help get you on the right track…
Well, funny you should ask! We’ve put together a detailed template, which you can download below.
If you have any questions about how it works, or how you can specifically target your ideal clients then get in touch with Kelly on [email protected] or give us a call on 1 (877) 465 7740 / (UK) +44 20 7099 5535.
Our experienced team here at JTN are experts in bridging the gap between your firm and your ideal clients—making sure that your messages reach the right people, in the right place, at the right stage of the buying journey.
Want the client profile template? Enter your details below and we’ll send it right over.
The post (Downloadable Client Profile Template) The Importance Of Knowing Your Ideal Client appeared first on JTN.agency.
This post first appeared on James T Noble | Smart Marketing For Agencies & Tra, please read the originial post: here