The global gluten free sugar syrup market size is expected to reach USD 1.44 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.31% during the forecast period. Major factor attributing the growth is the growing number of gluten intolerant people. Consumer awareness regarding healthy living lifestyle is also attributed to the growth. People are omitting gluten rich foods from their diets to avoid diseases like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and celiac diseases among others. By 2018, more than 170 million global population was suffering from celiac diseases, driving consumers to opt for gluten free foods and beverages.
Industrial category was valued to be the largest application by accounting over 60% of market share in 2018. Growing consumer awareness regarding gluten free foods is driving companies to use gluten free sugar syrup as an ingredient. Companies are expanding their product line for this category. For instance, The Coca Cola Company has introduced Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Classic, and other gluten free products.
Direct human consumption category accounted for around 37.67% of the global gluten free Sugar Syrup Market in 2018. It is used to prepare different dishes and cocktails. Under this category independent health store sub category is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.72% from 2019 to 2025. Consumers prefer this independent health store category due to product varieties. Employee training programs to boost sales is anticipated to further drive the product demand over the forecast period. It has been observed that the U.S. base health stores are operating in online and offline markets to meet the customer demand, for instance, The Better Health Store, The Vitamin Shoppe, and others.
North America is the largest consumer of gluten free sugar product. Around 3.5 million U.S. based consumers are gluten intolerant, driving the market growth. Consumer awareness about celiac disease and the rising trend of leading a healthy lifestyle is driving more people to consume gluten-free diet. Europe is expected to be the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 7.29% from 2019 to 2025. Growing consumer awareness about IBS is attributed to the regional growth.
The market is competitive in nature with the presence of many small and large brands. Some of the major companies are B&G Foods, Inc.; MONIN INCORPORATED; Wholesome Sweeteners, Inc.; CANADIAN ORGANIC MAPLE; Börger GmbH; Skinny Mix; Tereos; and others.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In product segment, corn syrup category is projected to ascend at a CAGR of 7.83% from 2019 to 2025
- Glucose syrup product led with an overall market share of 47.21% in 2018
- Industrial category was the largest application by accounting a market share of 62.33% in 2018
- North America led the global gluten free sugar syrup market in 2018 with a market share of 41.3%
- Growing consumer awareness regarding healthy lifestyle is driving the growth
- The market is highly competitive in nature with the main players including MONIN INCORPORATED; Wholesome Sweeteners, Inc.; CANADIAN ORGANIC MAPLE; Börger GmbH; and Blue Ocean Biotech
- Various manufacturers are concentrating on expanding their product line to increase their customer base