Chicago, IL, USA
Wells Enterprises is hiring a Senior Trade Optimization Analyst in our downtown Chicago Office. The Senior Analyst of Trade Optimization is responsible for the overall improvement of sales related investments within the Grocery Channel. The Sr. Analyst owns ROI improvement on expenditures such as Variable Trade, Slotting, Field Marketing, and other customer related spending. Assists the Manager of Trade Optimization with reviews of customer level trade Programming and recommends ways to improve programming to enhance ROI. Works cross-functionally with sales teams to explain programming changes and implementation of recommendations.
- Leads margin improvement for Wells Enterprises within the Grocery Channel.
- Evaluates all trade programs within the Grocery channel to ensure that ROI is accretive to margin targets and in line with customer performance expectations.
- Responsible for ensuring programming falls within guidelines communicated by the Manager of Trade Optimization.
- Conducts monthly reviews with Sales teams to evaluate current programming and suggest changes to improve both topline
- revenue delivery and bottom-line margin performance.
- Evaluates slotting decisions, payback time, and suggest ways to make changes to fixed spending to drive revenue.
- Works cross-functionally with finance, trade development, and sales to ensure that recommendations are agreed to and implemented at the customer level.
- Works with the Manager of Trade Optimization to set suggested retail pricing within the Grocery Channel and evaluate trade spending associated with that pricing.
- Establishes Lowest Net Unit Costs for the Channel focused on both competitive retail and margin needed to deliver accretive revenue profile.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics / statistics, and MBA preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience required.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis