New York, NY, USA
Our Exciting Work Environment A pizzeria and Italian restaurant situated in the landmark MetLife Building next to Grand Central Station, Naples 45 offers a selection of salads, antipasti, pastas and Italian fish and meat entrees. Al fresco dining is also available in the warmer months, as well as take-out service, catering, and gourmet slices to go.
The Opportunity An immediate opportunity exists for proven restaurant professionals with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Restaurant Manager is responsible for the coordination, supervision and execution of all restaurant functions. This representative will have a working knowledge of service logistics and be proficient in all areas of restaurant operations in order to supervise, direct and train all personnel effectively under appropriate legal parameters. The ideal candidate must monitor all food and beverage quality issues and be able to manage immediate employee and customer concerns. The Restaurant Manager must have pride in their venue's product and service and be willing to carry out all necessary operations to create an incredible dining experience for our valued patrons.
- Oversee daily shift responsibilities of all employees (floor service, side-work, sanitation, receiving, invoices and time cards) and ensure actions are up to company quality, sanitary, and legal standards.
- Schedule staff hours and assign tasks for service and kitchen staff members.
- Help train, develop, motivate staff and monitor their performance while keeping an open communication for corrections needed.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner Educate FOH personnel in product awareness and cultivate long term service knowledge.
- Ensure that assigned staff members have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Maintain positive guest relations and high standards of service at all times.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all unit organization and menu information.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and company policies.
- Solve all customer concerns and complaints in a professional manner.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a full service restaurant of a similar size capacity and volume. Experience in catering is highly desired.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L's and developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
- Have passion for fine dining combined with substantial food and service knowledge.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and an ability to anticipate¿guest and employee needs.
- Maintain a professional and polished appearance and demeanor in high-volume situations.
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.