Police have arrested two Alleged Kidnappers for trying to sell an abducted three-year-old girl for 8,000 pesos.
Las Piñas police today (Wednesday, January 3) rescued Princess Louisana Bumatay, who was abducted on December 30.
First to be apprehended was Giselle Omaya, who reportedly confessed to the crime. The police then launched a follow-up operation to arrest the second suspect, Cerio Tinolete, who was found with the child in Cavite.
Metro Manila Southern Police District director Chief Superintendent Tomas Apolinario said the pair had offered to sell the infant for between 8,000-10,000 pesos.
He added that if the suspects failed to sell her, they would have forced her to beg in Cavite.
In a text message to reporters, he said: “They either would have sold or had ransomed the child. But it did not work, so they planned to have her walk as beggar in the streets.”
He added that Bumatay’s parents were in contact with the suspects even before they asked for police assistance.
The suspects told the parents to pay 3,000-5,000 pesos for the release of their child. However, they were unable to afford to pay.
Investigations are continuing to determine whether the two suspects are part of a bigger kidnap-for-ransom or child trafficking syndicate.
As previously reported on GMA News report, the kidnapping was caught by CCTV cameras in Barangay Daniel Fajardo.
The girl’s mother, Daisylyn, said her daughter had asked permission to go to a nearby store to buy something.
She said she instructed her other child to follow Princess, but the sibling came back to tell her that the little girl could no longer be found.
Princess is now back with her parents.
The post Alleged Kidnappers Planned to sell three-year-old girl for 8,000 pesos appeared first on Philippines Lifestyle News.