Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

How to Boost Employee Engagement at the Workplace

Tips for increasing employee engagement

Around 68% of employees are disengaged at the workplace, leaving Employee Engagement at a low of 32%.

But what does that mean for you as a business? And what should you do to boost engagement and take your business to the next level?

Let’s explore this very important topic together.

How to boost employee engagement:

Disengaged employees are unhappy employees. This means that their productivity levels are low, they will not give you the results you want and they are more likely to leave you at any time.

So what can you as a leader do to boost this engagement? Here are some tips to help you out:

  • Be engaged

If you want your employees to be engaged, you have to be the role model for them. Since your team will follow by example, the more you show them how engaged you are, the more engaged they will be and vice versa.

See Also: How to Utilize Social Media to Recruit Employees

  • Let your team see you

Your team want to feel that they are working with you not for you. However, this can be difficult if you stay in your office the whole day and your team is stuck with meetings or at their desks. Make it a point to walk around the offices and engage with your team members every day. Show them that you are there and that you care about them.

  • Show your genuine enthusiasm

Nothing can kill employee engagement more than fake enthusiasm. And yes, your employees can see it from miles away. So be genuine about your enthusiasm and communicate it with your words, demeanor, actions and non verbal cues.

  • Communicate with your team

If you want your team to be involved, you need to communicate with them regularly. This includes communicating your goals, what they are and how to achieve them. You need to also communicate progress periodically to keep your team motivated and give them something to look forward to.

See Also: How to Recover from Embarrassing Office Mistakes

  • Show your appreciation

Recognition is one of our primary needs. When we don’t feel recognized for our efforts, we will likely become demotivated and disengaged. This is why it is essential that you show your team appreciation for the work your team is doing. Moreover, make sure that praise is genuine, timely and specific.

  • Be approachable

Your team will follow, trust and engage with bosses they know and like. When you go around the office acting very busy and unavailable, this makes it harder for your team to connect with you. Try to show your team that you are approachable and avoid exuding an air of “back off, I’m busy“!

  • Make yourself available

Set some time aside on a weekly basis for you team to come and talk to you. Listen to their questions, comments and concerns and respond appropriately. Failing to do so will distance you from your team and make them more and more disengaged.

  • Smile more often

Happy people are more productive. Furthermore, since smiles are contagious, make it a habit to smile more often and encourage your team to smile as well. Smiling will reduce stress levels and can positively impact the overall morale of your organization as well.

What do you do to boost employee engagement at your company? We would love to hear your insights and tips in the comment section below.  

The post How to Boost Employee Engagement at the Workplace appeared first on The Global Now.

This post first appeared on The Global Now, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

How to Boost Employee Engagement at the Workplace


Subscribe to The Global Now

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription