Essential Oils have been popular for many years. The herbal touch along with the natural solutions has been harnessed for skincare for decades. It has provided amazing health care solutions for treating allergies, anxiety, sleep, skin, and many more ailments. This article, “No More Eczema, Clearer Skin – Best Ways to Use Essential Oils and Aromatherapy for Skincare”, will discuss how to use these Essential Oils for Skincare, and to treat Ezcema.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential Oils are the volatile compounds that are generally extracted from the flowers, barks, seeds, roots, stems and other parts of plants. Essential Oils also come with the natural aroma of the plants from which they have been extracted.
They also play an important role, for the survival of plants, as it forms part of their life chain. Each and every Essential Oil, comes with its distinct composition that depends on its chemical constituents.
How to check whether your Essential Oil is of high-quality?
There are certain points that need to be followed for checking the quality of Essential Oil:
1. Make sure that the Essential Oil you are using, is not extracted from plants on which pesticides were used.
2. Check to see, whether or not the Essential Oil you are using has passed through a quality test.
3. Look out for the ingredients of the Essential Oil, to make sure of its natural contents.
Several ways to use Essential Oils.
There are various ways Essential Oils can be used. Here are some of them:
Essential Oils come with relaxing properties. It can help you to feel relaxed and fresh at any point in the day. The best way to do that is to inhale. You can inhale directly from the bottle of Essential Oil. Maybe trying, to apply a few drops of it on your handkerchief and carry it with you.
Essential Oils can also be used by applying it topically. There are various spots where you can apply Essential Oils. The most common places to apply Essential Oils are on your chest, the bottom of your feet, pulse points, and shoulders. But, before using an Essential Oil topically, make sure that it is safe to use that way.
To help ease tension in your body, you can use Essential Oils to massage your body. It helps a lot in blood circulation and also relaxes your body. Essential Oils and Aromatherapy are also great stress relievers.
Using Essential Oils for treating Eczema.
Eczema is a very common skin disease that is caused due to bacterial infections. It is also known as dermatitis. The symptoms of eczema include red and itchy skin with flakes and sores. Essential Oils have been proven to show great results in treating eczema. In fact, it can also help in treating other skin conditions as well.
Which Essential Oils are the best for treating Eczema?
When it comes to Essential Oils, there are various choices. But, for treating eczema, there are some specific oils that can surely help in treating it. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- German Chamomile Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
How to use these oils for treating eczema?
You can use any of the previously (above) mentioned Oils in 2% dilution for dealing with Eczema.
For example, if you choose Geranium Essential Oil, then this recipe can help you out:
- 1 tablespoon of Primrose Oil
- 6 drops of Geranium Essential Oil
You can also use some other Oil in place of primrose. For dealing with eczema, you can also a blend of the above mentioned Oils like:
- 1 tablespoon of Primrose Oil
- 3 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 6 drops of Chamomile Essential Oil
After you are done with your mixture, simply apply the mixture on your inflamed skin. Applying in light layer is the most effective way. As all of the above blends are super gentle, you can apply them as many times you want in day.
Is it safe to use Essential Oils on sensitive skin?
Essential Oils are derived from plants and also come with amazing aromas. It comes with various chemical compounds that can easily kill the bacteria that cause acne, eczema, allergies and many more. But, you need to take care with which Essential Oils you are using.
If you have sensitive skin, try using the gentle ones. Essential Oils like blue-tansy, chamomile, geranium and ylang-ylang comes with low levels of phenols. They are great for using on sensitive skin. Also, try looking out for those oils that comes with lower levels of phenol.
Essential Oils with higher levels of phenol can cause skin irritation.
Benefits of using Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Essential Oils come with various health benefits.
- It helps in balancing hormones. Oils such are geranium and clary sage helps in balancing the levels of estrogen and progesterone in your body. It can help in improving several conditions like menopause and infertility.
- Essential Oils help in boosting immunity. It helps in fighting infections. Most of the Essential Oils come with anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that can help in fighting infections.
- Essential Oils help in proper digestion. There are some Oils that can help in relieving indigestion, upset stomach and stomach spasms as well.
- It helps in boosting energy levels. There are some Oils that can readily increase oxygen to your brain. This can help you in feeling refreshed, energized and focused.
- Essential Oils help in boosting hair and skin health. Essential Oils can also be used for treating several skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis. It can help in making your skin glow.
Some important tips regarding Essential Oils
- Do not try to apply undiluted Essential Oil on your skin. It may cause skin irritation.
- Always do your homework before selecting Essential Oils. There are various Essential Oils that are not meant to be used by infants, young children, and pregnant women.
- Make sure that you do a patch test before using Essential Oils on your skin.
- Try out different recipes of Essential Oils for your skin.
We hope you have found this blog-post interesting and informative. Please do, let us know your thoughts and comments.
What other oils/blends did you find useful for your skincare routine?
Did you find the advice in this post useful?
What would you like to see more of in our “Essential Oils and Aromatherapy” based blogs-posts?
Feel free to share this blog-post to your friends or others who you feel may benefit.
If you have liked listening to / (reading): “No More Eczema, Clearer Skin – How Best to Use Essential Oils and Aromatherapy for Skincare.” then you may also find interesting, some of our other “Essential Oils and Aromatherapy” blog-posts:
a. 11 FAQs about Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
b. 8, Essential Oil and Aromatherapy Recipies For Skin Disorders
Our latest “Essential Oils” publication may be of use to you IF you are looking for further uses/recipes for Essential Oils. (click on the image below…to preview the book)
The post No More Eczema, Clearer Skin – How Best to Use Essential Oils and Aromatherapy for Skincare. appeared first on AwereFirstPublishing.
This post first appeared on AWERE FIRST PUBLISHING - Ebook Publisher Of Non-fiction Books, Paperbacks And Audiobooks, please read the originial post: here