A Delicious chutney also known as Methambo.
- Raw mangoes which are turning ripe: 2 medium
- Jaggery: 2 tbsp( can be more or less according to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric : ¼ tsp
- Black mustard seeds: ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds: ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds: ¼ tsp
- Aniseed ( saunf) : ¼ tsp
- Nigella seeds ( kalonji): ¼ tsp
- Dried red chilli: 2
- Fresh Curry leaves : 2-3 stalks
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Peel and cut the mangoes into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Powder the jaggery coarsely and keep aside.
- In a wok heat the oil on a gentle flame, and add all the ingredients for tempering.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the cut mangoes. Stir well and sauté the mangoes. Add salt and turmeric.
- Add 1 cup of water to cook the mangoes. Continue on a gentle flame.
- When the mangoes are cooked, add the jaggery, and stir gently till it is dissolved in the mango.
- Remove from fire and cool. Serve with hot parathas or puris.
The post Raw Mango Chutney WITH JAGGERY appeared first on Geeta Subramanium.
This post first appeared on 15 Mango Recipes - Traditional Indian Recipes For Both Raw And Ripe Mangoes, please read the originial post: here