Celebrate Green Diwali in 2017
This Diwali celebration is surrounded by a lot of restrictions, be it Firecracker ban or a movement towards avoiding China product usage. I thought a lot on this…as since from childhood for us, Diwali meant lighting in the whole house with small ‘tuni’ bulbs and diyas, sweets and lots of firecrackers. And now all of a sudden when obstructions and restrictions are coming in our way, then how can we celebrate it with the fun of that similar level. I thought a lot and came up with small ideas. Today I am going to share those with you, hope this will help you to celebrate your Diwali in a similar way.
Have you ever seen a dog or cat or any other animal running about here and there during each Diwali while people start bursting crackers? You must have noticed. We all know animals are far more sensitive than a human being, especially they can hear and smell more deeply than us, and all of a sudden when the crackers start bursting they cannot relate it and out of fear they start to run here and there. Last year, I still remember the very next day of Diwali I saw a black colored roadside dog of our locality got severely ill, due to a sudden burn on his back and spinal area due to flying crackers which came and burst over him, Thank God! He is still alive now far better and can move on himself, but he lost his running capacity. And this is a true story! This happens everywhere. Coming to air pollution, you all know how our area and environment is getting polluted day by day. Now even kids along with elders are suffering from asthma, do you know why? It’s just because of air pollution. So if we can contribute little to stop or lessen this air pollution rate, then why not?
So this Diwali let us make a promise to make our world and environment better. Let’s try to give a healthy life and environment to our elders, younger fellows and to those innocent animals and pets.
Twelve Ways to Celebrate Green Diwali this Year:
But still we cannot miss our happiness, fun, and celebration so let’s check out what we can do this Diwali:
Click on read more button to read the whole article
- Get earthen diyas ( lamps) for lighting up your house. Remember you are doing this for good cause. First cause you will save your electric bill and will also save our country’s power resources. Secondly, you will be a person who will contribute and allow those guys to earn who are from backward society or from poor families who earn by making earthen pots and diyas.
- Get candles to enlighten your house. Candles are made up if wax and are not at all harmful, this will help to kill harmful insects which mostly arrive during this season. Secondly, you must have read many articles on people who are from small backward villages and who earn by making candles, so your purchase of candles will give them bread.
- Next make sure you plant tulsi shrub at your house, this brings good omen, good luck and of course, it will add to your good health.
- Try to plant few more plants and trees in your area, which will be a kind activity of yours to save our environment.
- Till now people who used to buy crackers spent a lot of money on crackers. Use that money to buy sweet boxes and clothes for people who serve you throughout the year, such as Laundry Guy, Your maid, your grocery store helper, your cleaner, your cook, your driver and lot more…
- For kids get beautiful balloons or paper bags with some illuminator in it so that they get fun while bursting them.
- Try to make homemade sweets, sit with the whole family to prepare it. Try shakkarpara, laddo, kheer, barfi, and halwa.
Products from Amazon.in
Haldiram's Nagpur Gulab Jamun, 1kgPrice: Check on Amazon
Products from Amazon.in
-50%Happy Diwali Chocolate Box, Diwali Chocolates, Diwali Sweets, Diwali Gifts, 16 Pcs | Assorted Mix Of Butterscotch | Fruit & Nut | CracklePrice: INR 499.00Was: INR 999.00
-10%Ghasitaram Gifts Diwali Gifts Diwali Sweets - Assorted Sweets Box (400 gms)Price: INR 629.00Was: INR 699.00
-68%Emazing Gourmet - Special Diwali Assorted Chocolates Hamper - With Reusable Attractive TrayPrice: INR 175.00Was: INR 550.00
Ghasitaram Gifts Diwali Gifts Diwali Sweets - Pure Kaju Katlis Box 400 gmsPrice: INR 425.00
-6%Ghasitaram Gifts Sweets - Pure Kaju Katlis Box 400 gmsPrice: INR 425.00Was: INR 450.00
Punjabi Ghasitaram Halwai Diwali Special Assorted Dryfruit Mithai Box With Free Silver Plated Coin, (200gms)Price: INR 399.00
- Stop using chemical rangoli. Prepare rangoli out of rice flour, atta, turmeric powder, dried chilly or kumkum. You can even try flower rangoli, it looks amazing! Previously rangoli was made to feed the crows and pigeons.
- Make paper lanterns with kids and elders in your home and use them as a hanging light and for other decoration.
- For decoration use homemade curtains, organic incense sticks, use organic colors to paint your house. Use traditional door hangings which look awesome especially during this festive season.
- Schedule and plan various competitions with friends and family while getting together for fun. Arrange various competitions such as rangoli making, flower arrangements, garland making, sweet making etc.
- And do not forget to give back to the society. Please make sure to celebrate this Diwali with people of your society who are physically challenged or need some help be it emotional or financial. Make sure to help them out and try to give some happiness to them by celebrating the festival with them.
Remember Diwali is the festival of happiness, so share it with all to get more happiness! So start your new year with a small kind gesture.