Festive Season Recipe- Rasgulla
Rasgullas are one of the famous sweets that every person loves to have. Though Rasgullas are made and available at sweet shops at various places in India, the authentic style of soft juicy Rasgullas are famous from West Bengal and Odisha. Especially people who are Bengalis and stays outside Bengal can realize the difference. And in this high priced market especially Bengalees are craving to buy sweets as it is getting little expensive. So it is better to learn to make Rasgullas at home so that you can have it as much as you love in quantity even for your guests! Durga Puja is coming and this Durga Puja make some amazing Rasgullas for your family and friends. So come let’s see what are the tricks you need to follow while you prepare Rasgullas.
Ingredients you need to prepare 30 medium sized Rasgullas:
• Two liters of full cream cow milk
• Three cups of sugar (near about 750 gms)
• One cup of dahi/ curd
• One tea spoon of cardamom powder
• Seven cups of water (1.5 lts)
• One table spoon of all purpose flour (maida)
click at read more button to check the complete recipe
Products from Amazon.in
-23%Roopji Rasgulla 1KgPrice: INR 169.00Was: INR 220.00
-1%Haldiram's Nagpur Rasgulla, 1kgPrice: INR 179.00
Bhikharam Chandmal Bhujiawala Rasgulla 1KgPrice: Check on Amazon
-2%Haldiram's Rasgulla ( Pack Of 2 )Price: INR 410.00Was: INR 420.00
Maiyas Gulab Jamun Tin, 1kgPrice: Out of stock
Maiyas Rasgulla, Tin, 500gPrice: Out of stock
Maiyas Rasgulla Tin, 1kgPrice: Out of stock
Haldiram's Nagpur Gulab Jamun, 1kgPrice: Check on Amazon
- Start boiling the milk and stir occasionally. Full cream milk is required to get good texture and similar finish as sweet shops. Once the milk comes to boil switch off the flame and now you need to make Bengal cheese (Chena) out of it.
- Next, you need to cuddle the milk and for that, you will require acidic substance for that you can use vinegar, citric acid or curd. Use curd as that provides a good soft Cheese (Chena). Put one spoon at a time and stir it. To cuddle two liters of milk you need six table spoons of curd to cuddle it.
- Prepare a pan and put a muslin cloth on it so that you can drain out the Chena. Once chena is strained, collect the end of the cloth tie it and put it into cold water.
- Squeeze it to drain out the excess water and hang it for 30 minutes to drain out all water. Do not press it hard as that will make your cheese hard and Rasgullas will not become spongy.
- Now you need to prepare two types of syrup- Thick and thin. Thick syrup to dip the Rasgullas once they are done and thin syrup is required to boil the Rasgullas. To make thick syrup add two cups sugar with two cups of water. The ratio must be equal and let it boil. Add little milk to purify the sugar once you have the dirt particles coming up and starts floating on the top strain it and set aside in a bowl.
- In the mean time the Cheese (chena) after hanging it for 30 minutes all water must have got strained and now you need to smash it well so that it becomes soft and lump-free. Smash it using the heel of your palm. Remember to add cardamom powder and one spoon of refined flour to the cheese. Refined flour is used to bind the cheese and cardamom powder will give flavor to it. Smash it for at least ten minutes.
- Once kneading had done make small balls out of it. Make sure all the balls are in equal proportion. Make sure the balls have no crack on the surface and it must have a smooth surface.
- Now you need to prepare sugar syrup for boiling Rasgullas. Add seven cups of water and add one cup of sugar to it and let it boil. Cover it so that boiling starts fast. Now start putting cheese balls one by one, keep enough space while putting one batch as it will get fluffy and size will get doubled so you need to keep enough space for it in the pan.
- Cook it for five minutes on medium high flame and fifteen minutes in simmer, and after twenty minutes check if the Rasgullas are ready.
- **Tips- You can check your Rasgullas in two ways, one you can take a Rasgulla and put it in a cold water in a bowl, if the Rasgulla sinks down that it means it is cooked, another way to check is take the Rasgulla and squeeze it with two fingers if it comes back to its fluffy shape then it’s done. If not done then cook it for few more minutes and check it once more.
- In the same way, keep cooking all the batches of cheese balls and keep dipping it into the thick syrup you prepared earlier.
Let it cool down and now it is ready to serve. You can even serve hot. Prepare the recipe and enjoy it in this festive season.