A shade of purple in honour of Prince, Target’s new Maternity Clothing line, jeans from Everlane, and other style stories that caught our attention in August.
- On 7 September, Everlane will start selling sustainably manufactured jeans for $68 a pair.
- The 2018 theme for the annual fashion exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum’s Costume Institute in New York has been announed: Fashion and Religion.
- Burt’s Bees is launching a full line of natural make-up products.
- Aldo is taking over the footwear and accessories division of the Camuto Group, the company founded by Vince Camuto, who died in 2015.
- Target is offering a new in-house maternity clothing line with most items ringing in under $35.
- The athletic wear brand Outdoor Voices has named Mickey Drexler chairman of its board of directors.
- In honour of Prince’s legacy, the Pantone Color Institute and the Prince Estate have created a custom shade of purple called “Love Symbol #2”.
- Allure Magazine has decided to stop using the term ‘anti-aging’: “Whether we know it or not, we’re subtly reinforcing the message that aging is a condition we need to battle — think anti-anxiety meds, anti-virus software, or anti-fungal spray.”
Fun Fashion Quotes
“Fighting the ageing process is like trying to catch the wind. Go with it, enjoy it. Your body is changing, but it always has been. Don’t waste time trying to reverse that, instead change your mindset to see the beauty in the new.”
“You will regret the years you spent berating your looks, the sooner you can make peace with the vessel your soul lives in, the better. Your body is amazing and important but it does not define you.”