In these days, switching from Lotus Notes to Outlook is becoming one of the most common examples of email migration. Both IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are major email clients which are used in any organization.
However, Lotus Notes offers many outstanding features and high level of security. It does not mean it is free from all type of errors. There are many situations where a Lotus Notes user faces some critical issues. So, they want to Migrate Lotus Notes NSF database to Outlook. Because MS Outlook is a cost-effective and user-friendly application as compare to Lotus Notes. But, converting Lotus Notes NSF file to PST format become a tedious task when it is done without proper planning.
Therefore, the below section will show you how to migrate Lotus Notes database to Outlook. Before moving towards the solution, let’s have a look at IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook email application.
What is IBM Lotus Notes?
IBM Notes is formerly known as Lotus Notes which is developed by IBM. It is an application suite just like Microsoft Office suite. Being an email client, IBM Lotus Notes is very popular among users. However, Lotus Notes comprises many components such as email, calendar, schedule, web server, address book, database, and programming. And, it stores its database in Notes Storage Facility (NSF) format. The NSF file can store the all collaborative business information like emails and calendar of Lotus Notes program.
What is Microsoft Outlook?
Outlook is the part of Microsoft Office suite but it may also be used as a standalone application. However, it is a desktop-based email client that is mostly used for storing, receiving, and sending emails, tasks, calendar, contacts, journal and notes on their system. And, Outlook stores its all data items in PST (personal storage table) format and OST (Offline storage table) format. Moreover, Outlook is a much more full program with better corporate support & additional features not found in the free edition.
Why Does A User Need to Migrate Lotus Notes Database to Outlook?
The major reason behind the Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion is the vulnerability of NSF files towards corruption. Meanwhile, the NSF files are very much likely to get damaged due to various reasons like virus attacks, sudden system shutdown or power failure, Checksum mismatch, file header corruption, etc. So, users want to convert their NSF file to PST format because of changing enterprise needs, cost-effectiveness and data management issues. Moreover, MS Outlook has some extraordinary features that tend Lotus Notes users to migrate into Outlook. Some of them are described here:
- Outlook offers offline accessibility of mailbox with offline folders.
- It offers better data management features and security options.
- The maintenance cost of Outlook is less than Lotus Notes.
- MS Outlook is more user-friendly than IBM Lotus Notes.
- Data sharing is easier in Microsoft Outlook program.
How to Migrate Lotus Notes Database to Outlook?
In order to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to PST format, you can opt SysTools NSF to PST Converter tool. It performs effortless Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion in almost every condition. The tool is renowned to perform quick & accurate migration of entire or selective Lotus Notes data to MS Outlook.
Step by step procedure to Migrate Lotus Notes Database to Outlook
The software migrates Lotus Notes database to Outlook in some simple steps. Here is the whole procedure by which you can easily migrate from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook platform:
- First of all, install and run the Export Notes tool and click on Browse button to navigate and select the NSF file that you want to convert into PST format.
- After that, you can select the checkbox next to Migrate Contacts into a Separate .pst file, if you want to migrate contacts into a separate file. You have also option to convert selected folders and mapping CN values to SMTP address. After choosing your required options, click on Next button to proceed further.
- In the next step, you can choose the desired Categories that you want to export like Mails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Journals etc. You can also apply the date filters for each category. The tool offers a feature to split a large size of Outlook data file.
- Now, click on the Export button to migrate NSF file to PST format. Then, export process will start and it shows your running status of all emails, contacts etc. You can save this final status report in CSV format.
The Final Verdict
Most of the time, data migration is very important for the work continuity. Sometimes there are the needs that arise in front of users due to which they want to migrate Lotus Notes database to Outlook. Under such circumstances, SysTools Export Notes tool has come up as a fantastic solution to resolve the issues. With the help of this software, a user can easily perform NSF to PST migration in a quick and efficient manner. So, based upon the overall performance of the Software I would like to rate this product 9.8 out of 10.
The post How to Migrate Lotus Notes Database(.nsf) to Outlook (.pst) in an Effortless Manner appeared first on Wipsen.org.
This post first appeared on Wipsen Is Focused On Redefining Information Sharing, please read the originial post: here