The practice of tee Sharing Economy is not only concentrated in a particular region, rather they are gradually spreading all around the world in some of the other manners. So, in this context, we shall deal with the fact that how the sharing economy has a different pattern in other countries. The aspects of the sharing economy are somewhere fruitful while somewhere are packed with demerits.
Highlight on the Global Sharing Economy
At the global level, the sharing economy is playing the role of a tool in the form of preparedness to face disasters. So, the countries started making studies as to how they are so effective is facing disasters.
As a part of emergency response-
- Airbnb has set a newer platform in the form of a site that takes care of the people during a disaster. It has a page that redirects the people accessing the site to automatically avail to some relief and protection during the hitting of a disaster. This company had played a major role in offering aids to Malaysia when it was hit by the flood.
- The disaster control scheme was also dealt at the White House with the “Innovation for Disaster Response and Recovery Initiative Day” celebration.
But it cannot be said that the sharing economy has only positive impacts. It has negative impacts too as below:
- In 2014 Uber charged a payment of $100 for a ride in the hostage crisis area, the result of this was that people went for accessing online driver services due to the surge in the pricing. Uber planned out a master plan. So, it was determined to give a free ride to everyone in that area.
The Government is playing a major role to discover how misleading the Sharing economy is. So, it was designed to get a proper knowledge of it at different levels.
Municipal and Regional Government strategies-
The municipal and the regional government s feel that the sharing economy is facing a challenge from the municipality by the laws and the regulations. These Governments think that there is yet a need to formulate better techniques to support the sharing economy.
The impacts of the sharing economy were highlighted by some key methods-
- Awareness campaigns were designed to make the public educated about the aspects of sharing economy
- Public protection and regulatory measures were taken to ensure a support to the sharing economy
- Active participation was also encouraged to the people.
- The movement was followed in USA &San Francisco but also in different parts of the world
- In Europe, the sharing economy based companies are facing challenges due to the lower responses of the European Union.
- In Barcelona, strict rules and regulations have been passed to stop the breach of natural properties. So, this has been a complete limitation on the spread of the sharing economy.
- In Lisbon, newer steps have been taken to increase the scopes of the sharing economy. This has been done by the introduction of the rental laws.
- Airbnb rentals have been heavily taxed in
- In Asia, especially in South Korea, the sharing economy is being given a priority in response to the abilities the sharing economy has shown for resolving many socio-economic situations in the country. It has been thought that the sharing economy has opened newer scopes for business, strengthened the relationships that are based on trust and has also curbed down the wastage of resources.
So, we entirely got an overview as to how the sharing economy has been a profitable on and one that brings a loss in different countries and regions. The view about the sharing economy is much varied in different categories. But this is not the end. The theory about sharing economy is totally different at National and the Federal levels of the Government.
National and Federal Government strategies-
The complexities that were dealt art the municipality level became a major task to be undertaken at the Federal level. So, let us see some of the highlighted facts.
In the United Kingdom, the scenario of sharing economy is such that it is playing a disruptive role. It is disrupting the sectors that are related to skills, management, and accommodation and is also seen to spread and make a market in the areas like the food, electronics, clothing and other consumer goods. So, the Government of UK decided to put some protection level to the consumer for accessing the risk and the opportunities that are posed by the sharing economy.
The sectors that are being taken as an important one according to UK federal Government are the innovations, taxation and also the digital world.
In Canada, the scenario is entirely different. The Airnb plays a role in growing economic standards in the form of home sharing transaction practices. On the basis of the two different locations like Montreal and Toronto, it has been estimated that the economic standard of Canada is as follows.
The value of sharing the economy of about $54 million CAD. People were too dependent on the companies that were laid on the foundation of sharing economy.
The Rate of Sharing Economy in Canada
According to the studies by the Crowd Companies it has been suggested that Canada has a much higher percentage of the sharers in the field of sharing economy than the countries like USA and UK. In the USA, it is about 25%, but at CA it is estimated to be 29%. Similarly, UK has 2% sharers while CA has 25%. So, from this, a clear picture can be made out how dependent the citizens of CA on sharing economics.
When the scenario was something disrupting in the UK, Canada too decided to take some steps to control. In the state of Toronto, an injection has been applied to end the operations of Airnb. In Vancouver, there had been a ban on the Uber services for sometimes. Many other states like the Montreal and Ottawa have decided to mark the services a totally illegal.
Sharing Economy in Emerging Countries
The wings of the sharing economy have been spreading not only in the OECD countries but also in many other countries like the Brazil, Kenya and many other Asian countries. Both the positive and the negative aspects of this economy have been felt in certain countries.
So, from all the discussions dealt above, we get a clear picture that the sharing economy has been seen in a different pattern in all the countries. The role of the sharing economy has been experienced to vary according to the concepts of the citizens of that particular country in the form of how much benefits are derived out of them. It is still unclear to take the sharing economy as a fully advantageous one.
The post Sharing Economy at the Global Village appeared first on Wipsen.org.
This post first appeared on Wipsen Is Focused On Redefining Information Sharing, please read the originial post: here