Electrical installations specifications
- The masonry chamber for earthing should have brick masonry foundation.
- The chamber should be constructed in such a manner that 40 mm diameter G.I. pipe earth electrode is at the center of the chamber.
- The pipe electrode should be buried to the correct level such that its top is not less than 20 cm below ground level.
- Before fixing switch boxes in the wall, the space behind switch boxes should be filled with mortar properly.
- The height of power plug/ light plug should be kept at least 125 cm above the floor and 30 cms above kitchen platform level.
- The accessories like bell push, light, control switch, socket, etc. if provided in an area exposed to rain, they should be suitably protected by providing covers.
- Wires should be drawn in the conduit before plastering.
- Shock protector unit is to be provided to prevent any untoward happening in the building.
- The in coming supply of power from the street should be through a cable of adequate size and laid in a pucca cable trench covered with RCC slab.
- Installation of MCB-DB is preferable, since it will protect the wire from damage, due to over-loading.
- All wires between which a difference of potential of 240 volts exists shall be made inaccessible to unauthorized persons or enclosed in a conduit.
Subscribe to Civil Engineering
Get updates delivered right to your inbox!