Recently, Facebook has started giving its users to use animated gif images under chat box other than stickers. Now you can use gif images also to convey your expressions, your feelings or even to show that you are actually laughing out loud rather than just using slang lol.
Before 2013, it was possible to upload and share gif on Facebook but soon Facebook traditionally avoided the use of GIFs because of its auto playing feature which ultimately makes the News Feed look very clumsy.
You can not just post a gif on Facebook simply, rather than being animated it will become a still image after posting gif on Facebook. You might have seen a lot of GIFs shared on Facebook now days but how that's happening if Facebook has no option to share GIFs on Facebook?
Don't worry, now there's a way to post gif on Facebook easily without exploiting any terms and conditions. You can post gif on Facebook using any download GIFs images on your local computer.
How to Post a GIF on Facebook
- To Post GIF to Facebook Profile you need to download and save a GIF image on your local computer which we will later use to post on your Facebook profile.
- Goto Giphy and create a new account if you are not register on it already to publish gif to facebook. You can login using your Facebook account on Giphy or else you don't even have to create an account on it.
- There are two options to upload gif on Giphy, either drag and drop gif images or you can just enter URLs to upload on Giphy which will let you to post gif to Facebook later.
- Enter URL of the gif and paste it in the input box, it will process the link and then enter tags and source url which are optional and click Upload GIFs.
- Your GIF will be uploaded on Giphy, now click on the share buttons available below the uploaded GIF image, choose Facebook and click on share and add caption and then post.
How To Post GIFs on Facebook using Image Hosting Sites
There are a lot of free image hosting sites which you can use to upload gif on Facebook. You can not just upload any GIFs on Facebook directly but there's always an indirect way to share gif on Facebook easily without any issue.
- Find any GIF image and copy the URL of that GIF image by right clicking on it and copy the image url, goto any free image hosting site and upload that GIF using the copied URL or you can use that copied url to simple paste in Facebook status sharing box and it will automatically catch the GIF image and share.
- You can use Tumblr, Giphy, Imgur, Postimage, Tinypic, Photobucket or any other free image hosting sites. Just download and save GIF image on your computer and then upload GIFs on any of the free image hosting sites to host you GIFs and share GIFs on Facebook.
- You can create GIF images, create your own GIF memes and post gif on Facebook easily by just uploading it to a free image hosting site.