Easy Ground Beef Kebab Recipe - The nicest mediterranean ground beef kabob recipe recipe I have tried so far. I used a full teaspoon middle eastern spice and 1 teaspoon extra salt. I also added 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 1 teaspoon garam masala, some fresh mint, 1 tablespoon dried oregano and I only used fresh parsley (as I didn't have any coriander). I blended it in my blender and fried it on the fry pan with oil.
Easy Ground Beef Kebab Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 8 Minutes
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 whole bunch parsley, stems removed (about 2 packed cups parsley leaves)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 1 slice of bread, toasted until browned and soaked in water until fully tender
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pita bread to serve
- Soak 10 wooden skewers in water for about 1 hour; remove from the water when you are ready to begin. Lightly oil the grates of a gas grill and preheat it to medium high for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the pita bread and the fixings. If you plan to, make the tahini sauce from this recipe
- In a food processor, chop the onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Add the beef, lamb, bread (be sure to squeeze out the water completely), and the spices. Run the processor until all is well combined forming a pasty meat mixture.
- Remove the meat mixture from the food processor and place in a large bowl. Take a fistful portion of the meat mixture and mold it on a wooden skewer. Repeat the process until you have run out of meat. For best results, make sure each kofta kebab is about 1 inch in thickness.
- Lay the skewered kebabs on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Place the kebabs on the lightly oiled, heated gas grill. Grill on medium-high heat for 4 minutes on one side, turn over and grill for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the kebabs immediately with pita bread, tahini and the fixings you prepared. See suggestions for sides and related recipes.