German prosecutors have arrested a suspect in the case of a man who died after unknowingly drinking Champagne spiked with ecstasy at a restaurant in Weiden last year. Five other members of the man's party fell ill after consuming from the contaminated bottle. Toxicology tests revealed a high concentration of MDMA in the champagne. The suspect, a 35-year-old Polish man, allegedly stored narcotics in bottles in the Netherlands. The investigation led authorities to several other contaminated bottles that were sold to unsuspecting parties. German and Dutch authorities issued a warning about the potentially life-threatening bottles, urging caution even with minimal contact.
The post Arrest made over ecstasy-spiked champagne that Killed Restaurant Patron appeared first on Balanced News Summary.