These delightful treats are not just any ordinary bagels – they are soft, chewy, and infused with a hint of sweetness from the cinnamon and plump raisins. Whether enjoyed plain, toasted, or slathered with cream cheese, our Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagel recipe is a true delight for breakfast or any time of the day.
My kids love bagels! Who can blame them? I love them too!
But I hate buying bagels at the store. Sometimes when I grab a bag at the grocery store and get them home they are a little on the tough side. No one in my family really enjoys eating them.
The store-bought bagel always seems to too big or there are the tiny ones that are no bigger than the palm of your hand. LOL
For many years, I thought that bagels were some sort of specialty food that I would be unable to make myself. I am happy to report that I was completely wrong about that.
This mouthwatering homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagel recipe is the perfect combination of soft, chewy dough infused with aromatic cinnamon and studded with plump raisins. Making these bagels from scratch is not only incredibly satisfying but also surprisingly easy.
Making your own homemade Cinnamon Raisin bagels may seem daunting, but fear not! With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of patience, you’ll be enjoying fresh-from-the-oven cinnamon raisin bagels in no time.
The dough comes together easily, thanks to the help of just a couple simple ingredients. Plus, the combination of fragrant cinnamon and plump raisins adds a delicious twist to the traditional bagel flavor.
I can now make homemade bagels for my family that we can have for breakfast, send in school lunches or just enjoy as a snack any time of the day.
If you want more easy and delicious bread recipes, try my Pretzel Bread Rolls, Easy, Flaky, Fluffy Cream Cheese Biscuits, or Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread.
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Recipe
- Self-Rising Flour – will also need extra for the kneading process
- Greek Yogurt – plain
- Ground Cinnamon
- Egg Whites – optional
How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Bagels
Now you can enjoy fresh bagels anytime you want! Here’s how:
Preheat the oven and attach the kneading/paddle attachment to the electric mixer if you have one available.
Add the self-rising flour and yogurt into the large bowl of an electric mixer. Turn on the mixer and allow the kneading dough hook attachment to mix the ingredients for approximately 6 minutes until a ball forms. Add additional flour if needed.
If you do not have an electric mixer available, knead the bagel dough by hand for about 6 – 7 minutes.
When the mixture has formed an elastic ball of dough, remove from mixing bowl and place on flour dusted countertop or cutting board.
Sprinkle the dough ball with cinnamon. Knead well until combined.
Repeat the same process with the the juicy raisins.
Next, divide the dough equally into 6 pieces.
Form each of the 6 pieces into a bagel. Be sure the center hole is bigger than a normal bagel because the center will get smaller as they bake.
Place the bagels on a parchment-lined baking sheet or cookie sheet. A silicone baking mat will work also.
Brush the top of the formed bagels with the egg wash.
Bake for 10 – 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Recipe Notes And Tips
- The moisture of your yogurt may affect the exact quantities.
- The egg white is to brush on the bagels to give them a golden brown exterior, if you choose.
- The easiest way to for the dough into a bagel is to poke your thumb through the center and widen the hole to approximately 2 inches.
- I like to soak the raisins in hot tap water for approximately 10 minutes so they are moist and plump before adding them into my recipe.
Variations of cinnamon raisin bagels to try
- Replace the raisins with cranberries. YUM!
- Cover and bake with sesame seeds on top for a delightfully extra crunch!
- Some of my favorite toppings for these bagels are cream cheese toppings, butter, or homemade honey butter.
- Chocolate chips or white chocolate chips are absolutely scrumptious mixed into these bagels in place of the raisins.
- Drizzle a warm, fresh out of the oven cinnamon raisin bagel with honey…..because who doesn’t love a little honey. 😉
What to put on a cinnamon raisin bagel
This is the easy part! Here are some of our favorite ways to eat these raisin cinnamon bagels:
- toasted with butter
- peanut butter
- plain cream cheese
- flavored cream cheese
- honey butter
Cinnamon raising bagel recipe FAQs
They will stay fresh at room temperature for up to 4 – 5 days if stored in an airtight container or storage bag.
YES!!! These bagels will freeze beautifully for up to 3 months. Once you remove them from the freezer, allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Yes, you most certainly can! This cinnamon Raisin Bagel Recipe is best served immediately after preparing but they will keep beautifully for a few days if you need to prepare them early.
More Easy and Delicious Bread Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Cheese Bread
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Flatbread
- Air Fryer Indian Tacos (with Homemade Fry Bread)
- Homemade Soft Pretzels
- Addictively Delicious Banana Protein Muffins
Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagels
- 2 cups self-rising flour, plus additional for kneading
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg white, optional
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Set up your electric mixer with a kneading/paddle attachment, if you have one.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, combine the self-raising flour and yogurt and knead for 6 minutes until a ball forms. Add additional self-raising flour as needed. (The moisture of your yogurt may affect the exact quantities.)
- If you don’t have an electric mixer, you will need to knead the dough by hand for 6 minutes.
- Once the dough forms a cohesive, elastic ball of dough, remove it from the bowl and place it on a workspace dusted with additional flour.
- Sprinkle dough with cinnamon and knead until combined. Repeat with raisins.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions, then form each portion of dough into a bagel. Make them wider with a bigger hole than a normal bagel as they will get smaller with baking.
- Place the formed bagels onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Brush the bagels with the egg white, if desired.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the tops of bagels are golden brown.
The post Easy Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Recipe appeared first on Made In A Pinch.