Summer is the perfect time to indulge in sweet and refreshing desserts, and what’s better than a No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie. This pie is full of vibrant strawberry flavor and has a light, fluffy texture that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
I like Jello as much as the next person. 😉 But it isn’t very often that I like to eat just plain jello.
My favorite ways to eat jello are in fun recipes like our Red, White and Blue Poke Cake or Rainbow Jello Squares. They are unique and flavorful treats that everyone enjoys.
I love the variety of colors and flavors that are available so I am always on the lookout for a jello recipe that is new and different……and easy. 😉 And, something that my kids will enjoy!
Strawberry-flavored ‘anything’ is a favorite in my house, from strawberry-flavored lemonade, cobbler, and cake to strawberry ice cream.
Now Bake Jello Pie is my new, perfect go-to summertime treat that requires no baking and is so much fun to make. This dessert is not only easy to prepare but also perfect for a hot summer day!
The ingredients needed for making this pie are easily available in any grocery store. You may already have them in your pantry or refrigerator. This no-bake pie is an affordable option for anyone who wants to indulge in something sweet.
If you want more no-bake pie recipes, try my Frozen Key Lime Icebox Pie, Heavenly, Scrumptious No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna, or Pumpkin Chiffon Pie (Easy No-Bake Recipe).
Ingredients Needed For Easy No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie Recipe
This easy recipe doesn’t need many ingredients! Make sure to have these things on hand:
- Jello – strawberry or cherry
- Water – boiling
- Ice Water
- Cool Whip – 1 container of Cool Whip
- Graham Cracker Crust – premade or homemade
How to Make Easy No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie
Here is how to make this fun and delicious pie recipe and have the perfect dessert ready for all your summer parties.
Combine the jello and boiling water together. Stir the until the jello is completely dissolved.
Pour the ice water into the jello/boiling water solution.
Add in the tub of Cool Whip and whip the gelatin mixture thoroughly.
Put the Cool Whip and Jello mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Remove the pie filling from the refrigerator, and pour it into the graham cracker pie crust.
Smooth out the Cool Whip mixture in the prepared pie shell.
Place the no-bake strawberry pie in the refrigerator to chill and set for at least 4 hours or longer.
Serve with some sprinkles or a maraschino cherry on top of the pie!
No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie Recipe Notes And Tips
- If you prefer your graham cracker crust a little crisper, simply pop it in the oven for a few minutes, allow to cool completely and then pour in the jello filling.
- IMPORTANT: Bring the water to a full rolling boiling. Lukewarm or beverage hot will not be hot enough to fully dissolve the jello.
- Be sure the jello powder is completely dissolved in the boiling water before pouring in the ice water. If the jello is not completely dissolved, the pie will be grainy.
Variations Of Delicious Strawberry Jello Pie To Try
- Switch out the store-bought graham cracker crust for any ready-made crusts! A chocolate graham cracker crust or even a yummy OREO crust can be a tasty change!
- Use fresh whipped topping and decorative tips to pipe it on top of your no-bake pie.
- Make this scrumptious dessert with different flavors of jello. Have the color of the pie match the holiday or for special occasions, such as orange Jello for Halloween, green Jello for St. Patrick’s Day or a Christmas Jello pie, or pink and blue Jello for a gender reveal party.
- If you want to change things up, replace the strawberry Jello mix with a different flavor of jello. Peach Jello? Yum! Lemon Jello mix? Yes! Cherry Jello pie is always a crowd-favorite!
- Top with your favorite fresh fruits such as strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, bananas, lemons, or maraschino cherries, depending on the flavor of your pie.
If you’ve never made a jello pie, you may have a question or two! Here are some of the questions I see readers ask most often.
YES! This is a great make-ahead recipe. You can make it at least a day ahead of time to serve at your gathering or your family dinner as long as you keep the pie refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it.
If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, just pop what’s left in the refrigerator in an air-tight container or storage bag for up to 2 – 3 days. It probably won’t last that long. 😉
I would not recommend freezing this pie. Gelatin does not freeze very well, and the texture of the pie will change when it thaws out.
Definitely! For an even lighter version of this jello pie, use Lite or Fat-Free Cool Whip.
Yes! Add them in before the jello mixture sets for a little boost of fresh fruit!
Yes – IF you plan to serve it right away. Fresh whipped cream doesn’t hold its texture as long as Cool Whip does, so if you make it too early, you can end up with a quick Jello pie that’s runny.
More Incredibly Easy Desserts To Try
If you love this easy Jello pie recipe, check out these other popular dessert recipes too!
- Cotton Candy Cake
- Death By Chocolate Poke Cake
- Easy Fresh Homemade Strawberry Cobbler
- Homemade No Churn Raspberry Ice Cream
- Berrylicious Red, White, and Blue Trifle
Easy No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie
Summer is the perfect time to indulge in sweet and refreshing desserts, and what's better than a No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie. This pie is full of vibrant strawberry flavor and has a light, fluffy texture that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
- 3 oz box jello, strawberry or cherry
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 - 8 oz tub cool whip
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- Mix jello and boiling water until fully dissolved.
- Stir in ice cold water.
- Whisk in cool whip.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Smooth into the pie shell.
- Return to refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set..
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
The post Cool and Easy No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie Recipe appeared first on Made In A Pinch.