Our Easy DIY Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix is so easy and simple you will wonder why this hasn’t been in your seasoning arsenal all along. You will always want a jar in your refrigerator for garlic bread, pizza sauce, or breadsticks.
Spaghetti is one of those meals, that when I ask anyone in my family what to have for dinner, that is usually their first answer.
Along with the spaghetti, there is generally a vegetable and/or salad but there is ALWAYS garlic bread.
It is just too easy when I am at the grocery store to just pick up a pre-made, bag of garlic bread.
Well, I wanted to create my own and make it even better than what you would get at the store. Now that I have made this garlic bread seasoning mix recipe, I will NEVER buy another box at the store again!
It only takes a few minutes to mix up a batch, add it to butter and slather it on your favorite kind of bread – easy peasy!
And honestly, this mix isn’t just for your garlic bread. It is an all-purpose seasoning that can go on virtually everything from pork to popcorn.
I absolutely LOVE it, and I know you will too once you whip up your first batch. Try it on everything, and you will never be without a batch of it in your fridge ever again.
If you want more super simple Seasoning Mix recipes, try my Homemade Taco Seasoning or Ranch Dressing Mix.
Ingredients Needed For Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix
- Parmesan Cheese – powdered
- Salt – table, kosher, sea or himalayan pink salt
- Garlic Powder – or granulated garlic
- Oregano – dried
- Basil – dried or lightly dried
How To Make Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix
The process couldn’t be easier!
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
Pour mix into a glass or plastic air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
Once you are ready to prepare the garlic bread, you can either butter the bread slices and sprinkle the seasoning mix on the bread.
OR you can soften a half cup of butter, mix in 1.5 – 2 Tbsp of the seasoning mix, and spread on the bread (my favorite method).
Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix Recipe Notes And Tips
- After applying the butter and seasoning mix to the bread, broil on low until browned. Broiling will give the best crunch with the most flavor.
- If you want the garlic bread a little more cheesy, just sprinkle on more parmesan cheese after you have added the seasoning mix.
- Mixing up your own DIY Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix is much healthier than purchasing a pre-made option. This way you can be certain that your mix does not contain unwanted chemicals and preservatives.
- PRO TIP: Label the jar with the expiration date that is on the parmesan cheese package. This will allow you to better keep track of the freshness of your seasoning mix!
Variations Of Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix To Try
- Use your 3 – 4 day-old garlic bread, slice into cubes, add a touch more seasoning mix, and dry for some extremely delicious croutons.
- Add some of this seasoning mix to a plate with olive oil for dipping. Serve with a baguette or ciabatta bread.
- Make an extra-large batch for gift giving! Add seasoning to a nice size glass container and tie a ribbon or bow appropriate for the occasion such as Christmas, housewarming, or birthday.
- Try adding the seasoning mix to roasted potatoes or veggies! HEAVENLY!
- Season your homemade french fries with the mix just before popping them in the air fryer.
- I also like to add a pinch of thyme and marjoram to the seasoning mix sometimes for a slight twist on the flavor!
DIY Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix FAQs
Here are some common questions I see readers ask about this Garlic Bread Seasoning mix…and their answers.
Simply put, a glass jar will prevent the build-up of moisture in our seasoning mix.
Dry spices absorb moisture that can ultimately change the texture and flavor. For example, salt can become lumpy when moisture gets to it.
If you use lightly dried or fresh, the mix will keep in the fridge for about 1 week.
If your mixture contains the ground or dried versions of the spices, it will keep in the fridge for up to 1 – 2 years. I’m relatively confident you will use many batches of this fantastic seasoning mix in a year. 😉
It is actually not necessary (or the best idea) to freeze this seasoning mix since all the ingredients are in a dried form already.
Freezing it could create condensation and moisture in the mix which is not ideal when using this on garlic bread or as a rub. Plus, the moisture could ruin (or cause mold) in your seasoning mix.
Great question! You can use it as a rub on chicken or pork, in homemade pizza sauce, on breadsticks, chicken strips, or sprinkle on piping hot popcorn. YUM!
More Easy and Delicious DIY Recipes To Try
- Cat in the Hat DIY Dr. Seuss Hat Snack
- Easy DIY Nutella Edible Playdough
- Easy DIY Speckled Mermaid Cupcakes
- DIY Hot Cocoa Bombs for St. Patrick’s Day
Easy DIY Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix
Our Easy DIY Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix is so easy you'll wonder why you haven't been making it all along! Keep a jar or give as a gift!
- 3/4 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle on buttered bread to make garlic bread.
- Or mix 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp (according to taste) to 1/2 cup softened butter to make a spread for garlic bread.
The post Easy DIY Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix appeared first on Made In A Pinch.