Copycat Panera Fuji Apple Salad is a yummy bite of summer with the added benefit of fresh fruits and veggies. This Panera apple salad tastes amazing all year long.
Yes, folks….it is officially summer and with summer comes all the goodness and flavors of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Farmer’s Markets are practically everywhere and there is no better place to find all the best and freshest ingredients.
This apple salad is so simple and easy to make. A perfect meal for any summer evening and the ideal dish to use all those Farmer’s Market finds.
Your family will request this salad time and time again. And guests will be begging for the recipe. Little do they know how simple and easy it really is.
You can keep that secret to yourself if you like. 😁
If you love healthy alternatives, check out our recipes for Strawberry Spinach Salad or Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Summer Veggies.
Ingredients Needed For A CopyCat Panera Fuji Apple Salad
Here’s everything you’ll need for this Fuji Apple Salad recipe, and I’m including ingredients for both the salad and the dressing!
- Romaine Lettuce – crisp, crunchy, and hearty but you can use iceberg lettuce if you prefer it.
- Chicken Breast – storebought rotisserie chicken is a good option or cook the chicken to your liking and cut it into thin slices.
- Baby Arugula or Power Greens – power greens are a combination of baby spinach, baby kale, green and red chard shredded carrots.
- Dried Apple Chips – dehydrate your own or find them at your local grocery store.
- Tomatoes – cut into bite-size wedges, cherry tomatoes would be a good substitute.
- Red Onion – slice thinly or a little larger slice if that is your preference.
- Gorgonzola or Blue Cheese – gorgonzola has a salty earthy flavor where blue cheese tends to be more sharp and salty.
- Pecans – candied walnuts would be perfect for this salad pecans are delicious too.
Fuji Apple Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Olive Oil – I prefer light olive oil because it has a milder flavor.
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Honey – regular honey is my preference but there are many different brands and flavors to try.
- Apple Juice – 100% apple juice will give the extra pop of apple in the dressing.
- Sea Salt – I like the added hearty texture of the sea salt.
- Garlic Powder – use crushed garlic if you would like a fresher flavor.
- Onion Powder
- Ground Ginger – use grated ginger if you prefer a fresher flavor.
How to Make Copycat Panera Fuji Apple Salad Recipe
Salads are usually pretty easy to throw together and this one is no exception. Here’s how you make this delicious dinner salad – it’s as easy as 1…2…3!
In a large bowl, add all the salad ingredients together and toss.
In a separate bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together until well combined.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad mix and toss gently until mixed well.
CopyCat Panera Fuji Apple Salad Recipe and Notes
You will need to cook the chicken ahead of time according to your preference or hit the”easy button” and use store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Wash the lettuce, arugula, and power greens and blot dry with paper towel. If you buy your produce pre-washed, it’s not necessary to wash again.
Variations of CopyCat Panera Fuji Apple Salad to Try
- Add in some craisins or raisins instead of or in addition to the apple chips.
- Kale or spinach would be a nice addition to the salad. Use either in place of the arugula and power greens – which I do a LOT.
- If romaine lettuce is not your favorite, use iceberg or any leaf lettuce.
- Walnuts, hazelnuts, or cashews would all be excellent substitutes for pecans.
- More perfect salad mix-ins: celery, carrots, radishes, roasted peppers, or cucumbers.
- Love apples? Chop up a fresh apple and toss it in the salad.
How long will my Panera Fuji apple salad keep in the refrigerator?
This salad will keep in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days in an air-tight container. Any longer than that and you might find the greens and apple chips getting too soggy.
How long will the dressing keep in the fridge?
Stored in an air-tight container, this dressing will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you can store in a mason jar or shaker container, all you’ll need to do is give it a couple of quick shakes before serving.
What is the best way to keep my lettuce from turning brown?
I was always told it was gentler on the lettuce to tear it instead of cutting it. I’m not entirely sure that is true. However, I do know that if you give it a weak lemon and water bath before using it, it will help it stay fresh longer.
Does the dressing have to be added to the salad right away?
Great question and no! Mix all the ingredients together minus the dressing. I recommend adding the dressing to each individual serving bowl.
That way you can control the amount of dressing on your salad and the salad fixings can stay fresh in the fridge a day or two longer.
Do I have to used dried apple chips?
Not at all, make the substitutions to this recipe that work best for you. Real sliced apples will taste just as delicious.
More Delicious Recipes For You To Try!
If you love this copycat Panera Fuji Apple Salad, you’re going to LOVE these recipes!
- Berrylicious Red, White, and Blue Trifle
- Refreshing Homemade Blueberry Lemonade
- Fruit Tacos with Fresh Berries
- Fresh Strawberry Bread
- Healthy No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Parfait
Pin For Later!
Copycat Panera Fuji Apple Salad
A delicious salad with fruit and tasty summer flavors.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 3 cups chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2 cups baby arugula or power greens
- 2 - 3 cups dried apple chips
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, wedged
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans, halved or chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss until well blended.
The post Homemade Copycat Panera Fuji Apple Salad appeared first on Made In A Pinch.