As different organizations follow different Elearning Development processes although there are some important phases that have to be completed to have an effective system ranging from ‘Analysis’ being the first step to ‘Learning Management System’ which is the final phase of this process. These steps are explained in the following points:
- Analysis: This is usually the first step to developing a content process for eLearning. Your organization should be able to analyze the profiles of your target audience, learning content, and its objectives. After deciding on a course, pay attention to the goals that need to be accomplished with it. Based on the same, an instructional strategy has to be created to present the content to the target audience properly.
- Instructional Designing: The instructional design document plan takes into account problem solving, implementing scenarios and modules. Within this stage, how the content is broken down into courses, modules, screens, etc. is planned. In a project, if multiple courses have to be created, then each course is designed through a unique Instructional Design plan and strategy. Put simply; this stage incorporates all the instructional and visual elements.
- Script: In this stage, the content to be used for every course is finalized and broken into modules. After that, the content to be used further for every screen is finalized. Each aspect of the module is considered and then finalized. A word document or a PowerPoint presentation can be used for the scripting document.
- Course development: This stage includes the formation of the practical course without any audio presence, and the same is submitted to stakeholders for approval. The stakeholders are responsible for making any modification to the content and narration. Once approved, the audio production to support the course(s) starts. The reason why an audio script is done after the content and narration are finalized is that it is a costly step, and any iteration to the content will have to be complemented by the audio. Therefore, the audio file is finalized only after the audio script has been given approval by the stakeholders.
- Course development with audio: Once the audio script is final, the finalized course is again sent to the stakeholders for review. It is important for the audio file to be perfect regarding pronunciation and quality to ensure it is in sync with the onscreen animation and text.
- Create the LMS: The final stage of an eLearning course creation is the development of the Learning Management System. This stage is more technical as opposed to the first five steps which are more creative. The stakeholders have to ensure that the course is SCROM, XAPI or AICC compliant. After everything is approved, then the course is ready to be hosted on the learning platform.
The main aim of any eLearning content is to create an engaging content which can help retain the attention of the readers. The reason for a variety of phases in the content development process is to perfect the content in all the ways so that the readers have the best possible experience. With various learning solutions at disposal, organizations have the ability to draft the right course intended for the target audience.
The post Content Development Process for eLearning appeared first on MarketVein.