Explanimate! Is a commercial animation studio. We are based in Loganholme QLD. Yes, that’s right, Loganholme. So yes, the hyperdome is our hood (for now).
We work with blue chip brands, government agencies, startups, agencies and their clients creating commercial animated and live action video content that stands up on the world stage.
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
Just so happens that we have recently picked up a 6 months contract with (if you’re under 25) one of your favourite brands. But we’ll never tell you which one….
Ok yes we will, in an interview! But not here for the whole damn world to see, geez!?
So we need a new Junior (Creative) Producer.
So let’s describe said Junior Producer in some dot points, and you can see if it sounds like you?
- Organised. We gonna create a lot of content for this brand. You need to be able to keep it organised.
- Communication level, 10. You need to be able to help the creative team stay on task, deliver on time. You need to value the idea of keeping people in the loop. From the Lead Producer, Creative Director, Design team, Agency (Client) and Client (Client). That will mean quick answers when questions are asked, so people KNOW what’s happening before they need to ASK what’s happening. You manage projects proactively not reactively.
- Positive. Stuff can get hard. What do you do? Complain about the client? The Designer, the air con temp!? Not you, you are not prone to complain, you’re prone to finding a solution moving forward, getting things done.
- Tech savvy. You don’t need to be a designer, you don’t need to be an animator. But not being a noob in use of basic creative softwares (Adobe Suite), and other comms and PM software (Clickup) would be great.
- Design / video / animation savvy. Having experience of the video production / animation industry and pipeline would be best. Having a passion for, (or even training in) design and animation, better! We will want to train you to understand great design, and motion.
- Written skills. You knew English would come in handy at some point right? Ability to create / modify / improve proposals, quotes, tenders. We can train on this but coming in with a basic idea would be great. Basic copywriting abilities would be a bonus.
- Likeable. Don’t get us wrong. This is not a popularity contest. But you have to be someone that is socially aware, confident (without being arrogant or ignorant), fair, considerate, etc etc.
- Talented / Driven! All of the above are great skills and assets. But ideally we’ll look for someone that is going places. Knows they have gifts and abilities and is keen to put them to good use within a team of creative people that enjoy our jobs, our workplace, life, generally.
A typical day might include these sorts of elements:
- Respond to emails, initiate emails with clients
- Prepare and send out a quote, liaising with the lead producer and CD in preparation of it.
- Communicate change requests, to design team
- Brief design team on new project requirements
- Manage files, organise assets
- Prepare production timelines or job booking forms
- Write a short script
- Post something to socials
Now this is an initial 6 month contract. But of course we plan to love you and we plan to grow and we plan for world domination. So ideally, we plan to extend beyond 6months, but no promises! Thats said, here’s how you might evolve over 12 months…
In 3 months, you are:
- Jobs scheduled and completed on time, to a high standard and on budget.
- Getting your “eye in” when it comes to identifying and recognising good (design) work and less than good work.
- Feeling immense joy and acceptance as a part of the team.
In 6 months, you are:
- Confident in producing projects with little to no input from the Lead Producer.
- Making it really hard for us to consider ending the initial contract cause you are so awesome and great at the above-mentioned responsibilities.
In 12 months, you are:
- You are an integral part of the production team, you’ve built strong relationships both internally and externally.
- You are maximising the team’s efficiency, through your own personal efficiency and
- The proud recipient of autonomy, respect and trust, earned over a year of hard work and a track record of getting things done and keeping clients (and internal team members) happy.
If all the above sounds like your cup of tea, please send your Cover letter / CV to [email protected] using the subject header “Junior Creative Producer – Initial 6 month contract” (this is your first test. If you get that right you’re off to a flying start!)